building paradise for the birds

Oh wonderful I can't wait!
so nice to chat with you....im so happy to see a fellow person...wink wink....and to hear some stories that make me smile...thanks for that..i really needed that....i shall let you know what and how many i will send ....please do enjoy as this is just a giveaway.....because there has been no separation....so for the next month...i can do the same thing...expect something like 40-50 percent anything higher...be happy about...but just being straight forward....in the warm months lower and the colder months is when someone wants to buy eggs....but not to cold in your area....keep it above freezing...once the embryo freezes its pretty much junk...to warm same thing...optimal time...is when its cold but not freezing...keep this in mind people when buying eggs from someone to hatch....well night everyone...going to beat my head on a wall....so i can feel like something is happening because this is such a slow process.....lol
he.gif

Beautiful...Are those all honas?
some honas, show quality barred rocks, and hmong chickens....but prolly just honas and hmong chickens....soon should have them separated....the barred rock hens will be gone some time soon...and then all thats left is the fibro birds....wow...those are truly something else...recently when i had a hmong guy check out my chickens he actually thought that the svart hona was a sumatra....i had to let him know that those birds were no sumatra...and then later i gave him about ten chickens for free....to butcher.....ahh....sometimes i just feel like im so to nice...hahaha....

To anyone who wondered birdman is a very interesting person to talk to. I really enjoyed our chat. Chicken people are the best. :)

Our low Temps are in the 50s and it shouldn't be too cold for weeks yet. I'm ready to start fall kale for the critters. I plant now and it starts to grow, takes a break over winter and then shoots up 5 or 6 feet in the spring. Great fun to watch them jumping to reach the leafy parts.

Had to edited my last post "My story". I was in a rush when I did the original post. Been loosing a lot of pullets, pretty sure it's coccidiosis. Do not have $120 payment to take to the vet + pay for any lab work or treatment
th.gif
So, yesterday was my only day off & had to get out there and try to get something done.

@birdman55 , Please post the recipe for the pico de gallo! It looks delicious
droolin.gif
I LOVE fresh Mexican and Spanish food. I'll have to dig out a recipe my old boss gave me for herb gazpacho soup
big_smile.png

Hi, birdman. I haven't posted in a while but I do have a general idea of what's going on.

I am not sure I have much of a story...

Love your birds, keep it up!

Good luck with everything else.

Had to edited my last post "My story". I was in a rush when I did the original post. Been loosing a lot of pullets, pretty sure it's coccidiosis. Do not have $120 payment to take to the vet + pay for any lab work or treatment
th.gif
So, yesterday was my only day off & had to get out there and try to get something done.

@birdman55 , Please post the recipe for the pico de gallo! It looks delicious
droolin.gif
I LOVE fresh Mexican and Spanish food. I'll have to dig out a recipe my old boss gave me for herb gazpacho soup
big_smile.png
with coccidiosis there will be blood present in the poop....buy some liquid corid....its cheap and easy to dose....biggest thing to do is an overhaul of everything...remove debris in coop, spray walls and ground with disinfectant, put down new bedding and ground cover....and at the same time treat your birds....I would worm at the same time....if you need help with dosing i have a great person that is super smart on here or i can try and guide you in the right direction...if its coccidiosis my guess is that your birds are less then 3 months old....if they are older then that then they prolly have something else...if you contact the university they might be able to test the bird for free...just a thought but best of luck. I shall post the recipe soon when i make some more...so yummy for sure...hmmm maybe i will go and make some eggs and eat some for breakfast...hahaa....have a wonderful day everyone.

This thread should be renamed, "BS about chickens in general". Not much in here about, "Building paradise for the birds".

Moving along now and looking for coop threads.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom