building paradise for the birds

monday i will be getting rid of a pair of lady amhersts...such a bummer to get rid of your birds....but soon enough i shall be expanding again....that is for sure...cant let things hold you down in life....excited that they get a new home....and really happy they are not going to be to far from here....yeppper...well out to feed the birds and then to take some pics....will share later...

You have inspired so many... but some of us would like to know how you do a smaller version of bird keeping.. I live in an 800 square foot rental. I have 9 birds total, though I hatch for others... I am just learning the basics of building and gardening and I am looking to buy land in the far away future. Keep going as long as you can. xoxoxoxoxo. You are doing good work.

doing a small scale would be very easy...its when you get into a thousand birds at your home that makes things start to get interesting....especially when it comes to hatching and the planning on like 10-20 brooders and then grow out pens....and then have the same with different breeds...i never keep the chickens in with any other bird other then chickens....last year we had over 250 chickens in on coop alone....even with sand it was a stinky mess....last year i learned how to preserve the feathers on the males...very easy process and hope i can get there one day...now that i have the experience its not that hard to keep that many birds...just gotta be well organized...and i so wasnt....i so winged this last year....and got a good taste of what it would be like if i went alot bigger....its not hard work...its just consistent.....couple hours a day.....all day every day....and the time spent with the birds was very stress releasing....and now that there is a huge gate and the end of the driveway it is so peaceful...no more drama from anyone....i just wish this year turns out good....keeping thy fingers crossed

You gotta keep on keepin' on bro. It's gotta be hard with everything going on to stay bird focused but I'm glad you are, free ranging your fibros still gives me a kick. Are you planning on cross breeding them as well? You see I got the fence finished minus the gate. Ponds really coming together. You'll probably just rent a back hoe when you dig yours lol, go big right.

Catch up soon.

Attimus

free ranging the fibros are something else...most people say that they are friendly and nice to each other....NOT....i had to separate a svart hona rooster because my other birds ganged up on it ...like five roosters to him and they were gunna kill it....i have separated the fibros into their kinds now....svart honas in one area, ayam cemani in another, and the hmong chicken in a different area....and the free rangers are going to be just a fibro project of all three birds mixed together.....im super excited....

anyways want to say thanks so much everyone this blog is so close to 61,000 views....i hope i can get things rolling again and make it better for the viewers....as its been a dull winter thats for sure....

see you guys in a bit.....birdman
birdman, no matter what goes down we know your a bird lover & that no one can completely take that from you. Sometimes life gets in the way & things are put on hold, but in the end your always going to come out a winner :hugs

birdman, no matter what goes down we know your a bird lover & that no one can completely take that from you. Sometimes life gets in the way & things are put on hold, but in the end your always going to come out a winner
hugs.gif
x2!!!

monday i will be getting rid of a pair of lady amhersts...such a bummer to get rid of your birds....but soon enough i shall be expanding again....that is for sure...cant let things hold you down in life....excited that they get a new home....and really happy they are not going to be to far from here....yeppper...well out to feed the birds and then to take some pics....will share later...
I am sure they are beautiful and will be appreciated by whomever has them! Stay focused and busy!

monday i will be getting rid of a pair of lady amhersts...such a bummer to get rid of your birds....but soon enough i shall be expanding again....that is for sure...cant  let things hold you down in life....excited that they get a new home....and really happy they are not going to be to far from here....yeppper...well out to feed the birds and then to take some pics....will share later...

I am sure they are beautiful and will be appreciated by whomever has them!  Stay focused and busy!
X2 Best wishes for you birdman :hugs

oh boy back to posting today....should be fun....getting ready to candle and then place that batch of black chickens into the hatcher and place the new batch of right around 30 into the incubator ....going to clean out the coops...add some supports and some newly cut down pines to the coops....and then start peeping all the pheasants....going to be busy....also got a bunch of plants and trees for the yard....cant wait....be back soon

oh boy back to posting today....should be fun....getting ready to candle and then place that batch of black chickens into the hatcher and place the new batch of right around 30 into the incubator ....going to clean out the coops...add some supports and some newly cut down pines to the coops....and then start peeping all the pheasants....going to be busy....also got a bunch of plants and trees for the yard....cant wait....be back soon
eggs will keep you busy lol, can't wait to see the next batch of chicks. Feel like I'm closing in on my incubator being finished. I think anyways, bought a second fan and barring some electrical issues everything seems to be running stable. Still looking forward to when you start your pond, I've been considering plants to edge mine to give the ducks more shelter during the day.
Attimus

Back
Top Bottom