building paradise for the birds

here are some pics for the day
all black chicken eggs....they are a mix of the hmong n the svart hona

got a bunch to plant including a cherry n peach tree

the rooster on the left is a non breeder the one on the right is the breeder n these r the ayam cemani

adults where the eggs came from...mostly svart honas n one hmong hen

silver golden male not yet colored in

adult male...in this pen there is 3 male cinnamon golden, and one red golden

pen of yellow goldens

red golden female

red golden male

well got around the pens and made some plans for the next couple of days....going to be bringing out the chainsaw in a bit and getting them some more trees....feels weird to have like no birds left....bummer....

Is everything ok Birdman? I know you mentioned March as being when you would know your fate. Not certain what happened or why you had to get rid of so many of your beautiful birds, but I'm so sorry. Sure hope everything is going to get better :hugs

So, how are the Hmong and the hona coming out? I have isbars in with my hona roo. I hatched a few...then heard about Swedish Blue's. I think I need a breeder pen for my isbars, one for my hona's and one for a combo hona/isbar. However, I have a spectacular Cemani Roo and no ladies for him...thinking he would make a great cross project.

Hope all is well with you. Stay positive and busy with the birds!

jumpy.gif

So, how are the Hmong and the hona coming out? I have isbars in with my hona roo. I hatched a few...then heard about Swedish Blue's. I think I need a breeder pen for my isbars, one for my hona's and one for a combo hona/isbar. However, I have a spectacular Cemani Roo and no ladies for him...thinking he would make a great cross project.

Hope all is well with you. Stay positive and busy with the birds!

jumpy.gif
i can always send you a couple of females when they start hatching right now the cemani are not laying any eggs and havent since i have had them but the svart honas are laying like crazy....just let me know or i can send eggs as well if that is easier...i have one male and two females that i have kept for breeding purposes....all others other then a backup rooster has been culled...

had two chicks hatch so far...will take pics soon and post....might be putting a roof on the back coops today and tomorrow

hatched out just two one looks smaller then the other in the pic but it is not....also got my first black chicken with a white toe....glad thing these are just mixed birds...going to be separating the three kinds soon...and giving them a month and then will set as pure kinds...then will have the free range black mixed fibro birds....will be interesting to see a mix of cemani, svart honas, and the hmong chicken....going to be hatching another round of chickens on about the 31st of march....so here we go again....also would like to share my month got changed to may now....so i have till may to get things done...its raining so trying to get the materials for the back roof...not sure how i want to approach this but im just gunna wing it...hahaha....well have a good day be back with some pics....going to try and get my quail back...so well see if people will give me some back....

hatched out just two one looks smaller then the other in the pic but it is not....also got my first black chicken with a white toe....glad thing these are just mixed birds...going to be separating the three kinds soon...and giving them a month and then will set as pure kinds...then will have the free range black mixed fibro birds....will be interesting to see a mix of cemani, svart honas, and the hmong chicken....going to be hatching another round of chickens on about the 31st of march....so here we go again....also would like to share my month got changed to may now....so i have till may to get things done...its raining so trying to get the materials for the back roof...not sure how i want to approach this but im just gunna wing it...hahaha....well have a good day be back with some pics....going to try and get my quail back...so well see if people will give me some back....
Great job birdman, hope you can get your quail back
1f60a.png

Hi, New here but have been lurking until lately when finally joined BYC, and subscribed to your forum. Sorry for all your ups and downs and hope (and suspect) all will end well for you.
fl.gif
I've never seen such birds that you have bred ... so incredible! Those red pheasants, and the yellow ones (think it was on a different thread of yours) so beautiful. Before I joined BYC I saved those pictures to a bookmark on my computer and showed them to everyone I knew. Wishing you the best.

Hi, New here but have been lurking until lately when finally joined BYC, and subscribed to your forum. Sorry for all your ups and downs and hope (and suspect) all will end well for you.
fl.gif
I've never seen such birds that you have bred ... so incredible! Those red pheasants, and the yellow ones (think it was on a different thread of yours) so beautiful. Before I joined BYC I saved those pictures to a bookmark on my computer and showed them to everyone I knew. Wishing you the best.

well im glad you enjoy the pics....and glad to have you posting on my forum...you can meet alot of great people on here....i have met many all over the world....thats for sure...just waiting on the peepers to show up and all the birds are going to be getting them...i know my birds are going to look funny but i have to do it so there is not any picking and to keep the perfect look...i lost a couple last year due to picking...once they start they dont stop...

any whom thought i would share....not like i have any problems going on right now....lol....but my credit card just got 300 bucks of fraud caught by the company so they called me and are sending me a new one....like the most important time i need one i dont have it....such a bummer...but add that to the list of crap i get to go thru....already went thru identity theft when i was younger and that was a blast....lol....anyways a good chuckle you could say....

as for getting anything done...didnt happen....had other things pop up that need to be addressed and fixed...not to mention we are tearing down a bathroom in wisconsin in my home there....so its super crazy right now...got alot done out front of this house and had a little fire...trying to get caught up with the birds...but im way behind....even with two other people helping me...not to mention trying to get my 50 plus red goldens back from a local breeder has not been an easy task...i had something worked out with him that i would grow his game pheasants for six weeks and then he would pay me per bird....i even hatched them as well because they couldnt hatch them very good you could say...so i offered...well i ended up being birdman and being nice i told him if he would keep my birds thru the winter then i would raise them for free....well that didnt work out...he has been avoiding me at all costs....just like in any business cash is king....and the nice guy always finish last...well enough venting for the night...maybe it will get better...night everyone....and good day to all when you guys read this...

Back
Top Bottom