Bullying

UnicornChicken

In the Brooder
Jun 27, 2015
I was out with my chickens when I noticed that one of my smaller hens was missing some feathers, and some of the ones still on her looked ragged. Do you think that the others have been bullying her? I've never seen it happen.

I was out with my chickens when I noticed that one of my smaller hens was missing some feathers, and some of the ones still on her looked ragged. Do you think that the others have been bullying her? I've never seen it happen.[/quot

Yes, sounds like it. Either the rooster is being rough or a hen is bullying. A certain amount of bullying is going to happen. Watch to be sure that it does not go to far.

I was out with my chickens when I noticed that one of my smaller hens was missing some feathers, and some of the ones still on her looked ragged. Do you think that the others have been bullying her? I've never seen it happen.
How old are your chickens?
Do you have a rooster?

Chickens often remove a feather or two during pecking order activities.

We had a young hen who is totally bald on the back and wouldn't wear an apron. I think our young roo was a little over zealous. She was completely fine otherwise, then she molted and was back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom