Bumblefoot

Several people on the Duck Forum have used the clear iodine method.

Soak the foot to soften the skin
Dab 2 or 3 drops of clear (that's clear, not brown) iodine on the bumble
Wait 5 or 6 days (do not apply more iodine, just wait)
If it goes the way it has done for those who use this method, a scab forms on the bumble if there is not already one there
Soak the foot again to soften the scab
Gently work at the edges of the scab to remove it
If it doesn't come off easily, don't force it - dab more clear iodine, and wait a few more days.

I think @Miss Lydia did this with one of her chickens a while back.

Several people on the Duck Forum have used the clear iodine method.

Soak the foot to soften the skin
Dab 2 or 3 drops of clear (that's clear, not brown) iodine on the bumble
Wait 5 or 6 days (do not apply more iodine, just wait)
If it goes the way it has done for those who use this method, a scab forms on the bumble if there is not already one there
Soak the foot again to soften the scab
Gently work at the edges of the scab to remove it
If it doesn't come off easily, don't force it - dab more clear iodine, and wait a few more days.

I think @Miss Lydia
did this with one of her chickens a while back.

Where can you buy iodine, and what percentage, just topical (10%) or pure iodine? If that's a thing.

As of now, the boil being about the size of a small bouncy ball, what would y'all recommend doing? Iodine or Surgery?
I'd try the Tri Neo when it comes, but till it gets to you keep up with the Epsom salt soaks the colorless iodine is inexpensive so get that and use it. With my chicken hen I would soak her foot in the ES dry and apply the c. iodine then wait a few days and soak and use the c. iodine till I could begin to loosen the scab. I didn't force the scab off and cause injury to the skin around it I very slowly worked on the scab over several days till I got it loosened enough to pull it off then used Sterile Tweezers to pull out the solid bumble. It's a process and your hens foot is worse than my hens but if you treat this way and be consistent you should be able to get it resolved. Surgery should be last resort if at all.

Let us know how she is.

Back
Top Bottom