Bumblefoot?

Lady Watcher

Chirping
Dec 18, 2016
So my chicken has been limping. She has scab looking spots on her foot and has watery poop. She's been laying down for a while now and has gotten a bit of a cut on her stomach from laying on it so much, and doesn't eat much but the vegetables we give her. She really likes squash. We've also gave her apple cider vinegar water, which she drinks. Does anyone know if this really is bumblefoot, how to treat it without surgery, and what to do about her stomach? Thanks, and have a good day.

Can you take pictures? Soak the foot in epsom salt water 1-2 times a day for a few days and if it gets worse I'd take her to the vet but if she seems to improve even a little continue soaking until she's better. Pleaseee don't attempt to drain it yourself it's not safe and can cause further infection.

Can you take pictures? Soak the foot in epsom salt water 1-2 times a day for a few days and if it gets worse I'd take her to the vet but if she seems to improve even a little continue soaking until she's better. Pleaseee don't attempt to drain it yourself it's not safe and can cause further infection.
I can't currently take pictures (I'll try to soon), but I will for sure do the treatment. The stomach part is a little red.(maybe a layer of skin is off) Do you have any suggestions on what I should do with that?

Can you by any chance bring her inside maybe put her in a kiddy pool with a lot of straw to help keep her comfy and in a sterile enviorment? That should help her stomach, you could also make her sa belly cover with a soft fabric if you're able to as extra protection. Her stomach shouldn't be balding like that unless she's on a hard surface constantly.

Can you by any chance bring her inside maybe put her in a kiddy pool with a lot of straw to help keep her comfy and in a sterile enviorment? That should help her stomach, you could also make her sa belly cover with a soft fabric if you're able to as extra protection. Her stomach shouldn't be balding like that unless she's on a hard surface constantly.
Thanks! She was in the coop for 2 days, then I put her in a box with hay. I'll for sure do something to make her as comfortable as possible. Thank you.

Can it be Himalayan Salt?

Sadly no, Himalayan Salt and Epsom Salt are not the same thing. Epsom Salts even though they are called salt isn't salt it's magnesium sulfate. Which is what fights the bacteria and dries it up. If you go to the grocery store or pharmacy they should have plain Epsom salts. Either in a plastic bag or cardboard carton are what I've seen.

Sadly no, Himalayan Salt and Epsom Salt are not the same thing. Epsom Salts even though they are called salt isn't salt it's magnesium sulfate. Which is what fights the bacteria and dries it up. If you go to the grocery store or pharmacy they should have plain Epsom salts. Either in a plastic bag or cardboard carton are what I've seen.
Okay, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom