Bump over hen's eye

Grand-hen-ma

Songster
9 Years
Apr 25, 2010
Hudson Florida
I have a question I hope someone can help with. One of my hens, Nacho, is healthy, eats well, drinks and poop's normally. She's a happy girl with bright, clear eyes.
I noticed last week that she has a bump, about the size of a small pea, over her eye. It feels hard and doesn't seem to be painful. It's between her eye and comb. I don't see any injury to the area either. Has anyone ever experienced this and does anyone know what it might be?

I had something similar happen with one of my Black Star hens a couple of years ago. She got pecked real hard by another hen just above her left eye and it swelled up to about a large pea size bump. I used a syringe with needle to puncture the bump. I had to go up underneath the eyelid and as soon as the needle punctured through the inner eyelid membrane, clear liquid squirted out. There was barely a trace of blood. I then gently squeezed any out any remaining fluid and put a dab of neosporin on it and then released her. No problems afterwards. It is similar to water on the knee and must be drawn out.
Wrap her in a towel if you decide to do this.

Back
Top Bottom