bumps on upper eyelids what could this be

orpingcrazy

Chirping
Sep 26, 2016
Amelia, VA
What could this be. Both eyes have this on the upper eyelids. They started smaller about a litte over a week ago and haven't turned into scabs so don't think it's pox. He acts fine and eats. The eyes aren't swollen other than the bumps themselves. Treated him for mites/ lice but they dont look like wounds and he's kept by himself.

Last edited:
My 1st guess would be fowl pox as well. Dry fowl pox. They do start out looking like some sort of bump or mole, so this could very well be the case. It just hasn't scabbed over.

You don't live in an area where eye worm is an issue, so I don't think it is that, unless the bird was shipped.....?

Is he showing any respiratory infection signs? Breathing hard, coughing, sneezing? Most generally under the eye would swell in that case though. I am as perplexed as you must be.....

In the meantime, I would treat him accordingly as if he has fowl pox.

He was not shipped and have had him a couple months. Thought pox also when it was smaller but from what I have read pox lasts about 2 weeks and it's been over a week and has not scabbed. He does not have any other symptoms. Noticed he had lice or mites and was treated but both eyes have this and does not look like a wound. What is the best treatment for pox other than Neosporin.

Back
Top Bottom