Bunny Experts Needed

That's not a dumb question at all! It's a really good one!

For about $15 I can get a 200lb bale of Timothy at my local feed store. There's no way your bunnies will be able to finish that, but from my experience, the outer edge of the bale might take some bruising, but the center stays incredibly fresh for a long time.

What kind of hay do you feed your horses? I'm sure your feed store would be able to help you pick a hay depending on what you have locally. But Timothy is normal base for rabbits alfalfa help with growing bunnies and nursing moms. Alfalfa is high in calcium and protein, it's okay as treats for grown rabbits, but it might lead to kidney stones if feed as main diet....
hmm.png

Hope that helped! Good luck with your new bunnies
smile.png

thanks cowrabbit.
i feed my horses grass hay i think.
what ever kind of hay has clover,alfalfa,weeds, wheat thats what i feed my horses.
what does everyone think about rex rabbits.
are they an overall good breed.

Gosh they might need to be indoors though, their velvet fur is really thin. With Rex breeds you have to worry about them getting sores on their footsies because of their thin fur. Overall, they are adorable cuddle buddies
big_smile.png

Have you considered a little Dutch rabbit?

and i also have another question.
can u use hay as bedding or will they eat it and get fat.

dutch come in several colors- blue, black, chocolate, gray, steel and tort that i know of. i raise all mine outside all year long including my mini rex and have never had a problem in winter with any of the breeds. i think my signature says most of the breeds if not all that i have. since it gets cold here i pile on the hay and double up hutch mates so they have more warmth just in case in winter but i've never had probs with my rex's haveing to thin of coats.

there is pics of most of my rabbits on my website and i do have a black dutch buck pictured there if u want to see what he looks like. i love my rex's wouldn't trade em for the world i have 6 of them. i got 5 kid's i'd have to say out of all the breeds the best with the kid's is the rex ones and the holland lops. my personal favs though r the rex, lops and lionheads to spoil.
big_smile.png
for bedding i put pine chips down with hay on top.

Quote:
I also highly recommend a piece of regular drywall (about 1'X1') for sitting on and chewing. It helps wear down the teeth (which are always growing) and gives the feet a rest from sitting on the wire cage bottom. They have fun tearing off the paper covering and gnawing on it. Have Fun!

Back
Top Bottom