Button quail chicks *Pics* *Update*

quailmaster

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 7, 2009
Houston,TX
I bought 50 Tuxedo Button quail eggs on ebay about 18 days ago and finally they started to hatch. I got about 8 tuxedo and the rest of the 24 chicks are variations of colors.
I am guessing that 32 out of 50 eggs or a 64% hatch rate is good for shipped eggs. This is my first time buying eggs online.
big_smile.png

Here are a few pics becuse I know how a post of ckicks without pictures is not very exciting. Will post more pics when grown.

27351_img_0922.jpg

27351_img_0921.jpg

27351_img_0920.jpg

27351_img_0919.jpg

27351_img_0918.jpg

27351_img_0917.jpg

27351_img_0916.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, cool. I'd consider that a really good hatch rate. Mine was only 7 of 25 total on my first hatch.

May I ask, who did you buy them from (was it the lady from Oregon?) and what incubator did you use?

I had considered buying from the lady in Oregon (if that's who you used) but I was concerned about the distance between OR and MI -- however, in this day and age, that may not really be relevant because of the way they get shipped. ... I've heard that priority mail actually goes through FEDEX for part of the process, if so, it all probably gets shipped through Memphis anyway.

TIA.

Oh, cool. I'd consider that a really good hatch rate. Mine was only 7 of 25 total on my first hatch.

May I ask, who did you buy them from (was it the lady from Oregon?) and what incubator did you use?

I had considered buying from the lady in Oregon (if that's who you used) but I was concerned about the distance between OR and MI -- however, in this day and age, that may not really be relevant because of the way they get shipped. ... I've heard that priority mail actually goes through FEDEX for part of the process, if so, it all probably gets shipped through Memphis anyway.

TIA.

Hey Tia, actually I bought the eggs from Mark LeBaron. He does ebay sales under "AviaryBirdland".He may not be selling any eggs right now but puts up actions every week. He also sells live birds. He is located in California and I am in Texas and the eggs arrived in good condition so distance may not make a difference. I use a 1588 Genesis Hova-Bator incubator and it has worked out great. Also sent you a pm.

Alex​

Last edited:
The only ones I see that might be tuxedos are the two in the last pic, but they honestly look more like golden red breasts (aka darth vaders) to me. Nice hatch though, I wouldn't be disappointed
thumbsup.gif

They are darling!

What do you use for cages for your buttons? You are going to be building a lot of them from what it looks like!

I plan on making a about 8 small cages for pairs or trios and putting the cages on a moveable shelf like breeding cages.
I want to make the cages about 18''x12''x12'' with trays to put bedding and a dust pan in every cage so they could dustbath.
I plan on building the cage in about a few weeks, I will post some pics when done.

Alex​

Back
Top Bottom