Button Quail

I haven't posted pics yet, I just asked that if I did post pics if you could sex them for me. I've found the perfect little cage for them, so I'll let you know when I'm ready for eggs. What varieties do you raise?

Yes i can sex them as long as none of them are white,lol kinda hard to see the white bib on a white bird. I have 15 buttons right now. I am getting 6 to 7 egg a day and I have 8 pr 9 hens. I have all different colors, anywhere from a blue grey to the original blue front coloration. Here is a link to the different colors. I have most of these and variations of them. You never konw what you will get when they hatch. I plan on making a larger cage for them or something that I can attatch to the aquarium and then I will get more eggs so that I have a nice variation of blood lines. I dont know how inbreeding works with quail, if it really will affect them or not. Some birds it really doesnt make a difference. I was just emailed by a person that I sold eggs to a month ago and they hatched 9 out of 14 eggs, not to bad for shipped eggs. I dont think these get shook up as bad. Let me know and I will send you eggs. Jenn

http://www.ncws.com/mcdonald/Birds.htm

Ok, so I'll head on down today and take some pics. I've seen that sight before, and from what I can see, they have 1Silver, 1 red breasted, and one looks like a white cap, but without the white cap, lol. But he doesn't look like any of the other colors really. I'll post some pics when I get back. Thank you! I might just have to get some girls for now from local breeders. Maybe hatch some eggs after the seramas hatch.

-Sarah

You might try non-medicated gamebird or turkey starter. That's what many of the breeders recommend.

and join the ButtonQuailUSA yahoogroup - the more the merrier!

jkove - I got some BQ eggs from the person I bought my incubator off of - got the incubator/turner and eggs for the price of the incubator!

Button quail are just so darned cute. They had some at the pet shop that used to be around here, but by the time I decided to get some the pet shop had closed for good.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom