Button Quail?

I just started with Coturnix and feeding 30% protein feed. Is this OK for Buttons? I've gotten so addicted, I'd like to add Buttons as pets. =)

Thanks

Val

30% is great! just do not try to house your buttons with the coturnix they really are two different birds. plus depending on where you live the buttons would need to be between 70-80 degrees year round so in most parts of the US they need added heat or to be inside a home. thus they make great "pets".

Thanks for the reply.

The Buttons would be for inside pets and nice to know I don't have to buy "special" food for them !

Well, I finally got my quail. I must say, they're cute in pictures, and even cuter in real life! I'm suddenly very nervous though. This is my first time keeping quail and, while I've done a lot of reading, I'm still scared of doing something wrong.
hmm.png

Button quail could walk through a 1" x 2" opening without so much as squeezing. My little roo can, with his hen on the other side... squeeze through 1/2" x 1" wire, in pretty short order, though I think he may be talented. But he can't make it through 3/8ths inch. So I guess you have to know their limits, and their motivations.

Back
Top Bottom