Buy it Now~12+ Delaware Eggs

cpartist

Crowing
14 Years
Aug 29, 2009
Alachua County FL
This is a Buy it Now for 12+ Delaware eggs. PM to buy.
Shipping is 17.00---20.00 if west of the Mississippi, and 22.00 to WA, OR or CA. Shipping is high because double box and use pine shavings in the outer box and it adds a lot of weight, but offers insulation and protection. I can ship in a single med flat rate box anywhere for 16.00 if you choose, however I believe the extra postage for the dbl box is worth it for the best results. I cannot guarantee hatch rates due to factors beyond my control, but I have very good hatch rates on these here.

This heritage breed is one of the best egg layers on the farm. They start early...20 weeks on average, and lay most of the year other than a break to molt. They are super dual purpose birds as well, reaching table size at an early age. I have had cockerels weighing from 9-12 lbs before they were a year old.

These birds are most definitely a work in progress. I am hatching my fourth generation after being very selective for size and type and I am happy with progress, but I am still working on color issues and getting wider tail spread on the females. Please understand that while I am breeding to the SOP standard, they are not there yet. I believe they are a good start to this goal, or for anyone just looking for a very friendly, dual purpose breed.

Last edited:
What size eggs do your Delawares lay? I had always thought they laid a large egg, but after purchasing some eggs that ended up being medium size and then buying a couple of hens from a different source, that lay a medium size I am just wondering if that is more the normal for the Delaware. Than you! ~ Kim

you must not like us west coasters lol ,I grt eggs from NC,SC,Ark,and only pay between 12 and 14 bucks for shipping so why so much?
ep.gif

Thanks for the eggs. Your birds are beautiful. They are much better looking then the images can ever show.

They went in the Incubator this morning.

What is the lineage on the eggs?

I know you told me but in my excitement I forgot to write it down. :)

Last edited:
Thanks Daniel, it was nice meeting you. My original birds were a combination of Bill Braden and Holtman lines, but mostly Braden with one Holtman hen. I am on my third and forth generation now so I consider them my line ; ). Hope you have a great hatch!

Back
Top Bottom