Votes: 459 95.8%
  • Have in the past

Votes: 11 2.3%

• Total voters
My elephant garlic.

They look great!
big_smile.png
Nearly as big as your hand!

I don't know if it's odd or not (It's odd to me) but one of my melon vines has only produced female flowers, I've yet to see a male on it (And it's loaded with flowers)
No it's not weird! As a matter of fact I was telling my husband the same thing about our cantaloupe plants and our eggplant. There is only one fruit on the eggplant and no male flowers. I still tried dabbing a q-tip in each flower.
What's up with this female only flower plants?

No it's not weird! As a matter of fact I was telling my husband the same thing about our cantaloupe plants and our eggplant. There is only one fruit on the eggplant and no male flowers. I still tried dabbing a q-tip in each flower.
What's up with this female only flower plants?
Huh
lol.png
I don't know. I have a squash that has no growing tip just flower buds.
ep.gif
hu.gif
It's really weird looking.

My mung beans have pods!

Quote: Dan I called two nurseries and one told me without bees my plants would not produce male blooms. I told her you had bee's and your are doing the same thing. She said she had another person call her and told her the same thing.

I used to work for a nursery so I called the owner and left him a message to call me back. He's out on a landscape job. So I don't know.

Dan I called two nurseries and one told me without bees my plants would not produce male blooms. I told her you had bee's and your are doing the same thing. She said she had another person call her and told her the same thing.

I used to work for a nursery so I called the owner and left him a message to call me back. He's out on a landscape job. So I don't know.
That makes absolutely no sense. I'd like to see that nursery worker back that claim up with some valid research article. More often than not, there will be a flush of male blossoms before the first female blossoms. However, I sometimes see onset of female blossoms without any male blossoms to fertilize, so the fruiting fails. (How very sad!
sad.png
) IMO, it's entirely related to the weather patterns. That squash w/o a growing tip is strange. Keep us posted on how that one performs over time, and if it ever does develop a tip.

Back
Top Bottom