Do you garden?

• No

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 459 95.8%
  • Have in the past

Votes: 11 2.3%

• Total voters
Dan I called two nurseries and one told me without bees my plants would not produce male blooms. I told her you had bee's and your are doing the same thing. She said she had another person call her and told her the same thing.

I used to work for a nursery so I called the owner and left him a message to call me back. He's out on a landscape job. So I don't know.
gig.gif
Huh.
Those are huge! Good job!
Thanks!
big_smile.png

That makes absolutely no sense. I'd like to see that nursery worker back that claim up with some valid research article. More often than not, there will be a flush of male blossoms before the first female blossoms. However, I sometimes see onset of female blossoms without any male blossoms to fertilize, so the fruiting fails. (How very sad!
sad.png
) IMO, it's entirely related to the weather patterns. That squash w/o a growing tip is strange. Keep us posted on how that one performs over time, and if it ever does develop a tip.
Hmm. I know right? I will.

Now, I find it interesting that women accomplish the same task while expending far less calories than men. Somehow... this troubles me. Why is it that men can loose weight so much easier? It appears that just the act of breathing burns more calories for a man, than it does for a woman. Again, troubling. Men get to eat more! Men have more muscle mass, therefore should be able to accomplish any task requiring muscle energy with LESS energy output... but the numbers say otherwise. UNFAIR!!!

Now, I find it interesting that women accomplish the same task while expending far less calories than men. Somehow... this troubles me. Why is it that men can loose weight so much easier? It appears that just the act of breathing burns more calories for a man, than it does for a woman. Again, troubling. Men get to eat more! Men have more muscle mass, therefore should be able to accomplish any task requiring muscle energy with LESS energy output... but the numbers say otherwise. UNFAIR!!!
gig.gif
hugs.gif

It's because men have better metabolisms than women.
http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=35431
lau.gif
So true, I love it!
:p

I got a call back from the owner of the nursery I worked at for a short time. He said to try letting the plants dry out a bit. Possibly the stress of drying may bring on the pollinator.
I figure it's worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom