Do you garden?

• No

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 459 95.8%
  • Have in the past

Votes: 11 2.3%

• Total voters
I made a herb butter three days ago , basil, oregano, thyme, garlic and salt.
Nothing better than your own healthy weeds to put in your dish.
Husband saw the butter and said - naaah , this green stuff naaaah. ..
And what happened today ? In the morning mister - no green stuff for me - came and ask where is that green butter?
We are out of it ! you need to make it again ! How about that... Healthy weeds won again ....
love.gif
lau.gif

I made some Libyan chicken stew last night and my Dh would not try anything until I did and he liked it. It was delicious!

I bet it was. I love stews. Yuuuummy.
I am making tinctures based on alcohol for winter. Some of them are based on fruits and honey for cold ,cold winter days, and some of them are just medecinal. Made one yesterday based on lemon balm and linden honey. Its great to warm up a cold body and calm you down to help sleep. Its time to start making herbal oils too. The food cooked with them taste so much better! Again Mother Nature is brilliant.

I bet it was. I love stews. Yuuuummy.
I am making tinctures based on alcohol for winter. Some of them are based on fruits and honey for cold ,cold winter days, and some of them are just medecinal. Made one yesterday based on lemon balm and linden honey. Its great to warm up a cold body and calm you down to help sleep. Its time to start making herbal oils too. The food cooked with them taste so much better! Again Mother Nature is brilliant.
Sounds like your keeping busy. I got the recipe from the Ask a Chef thread here's a link to the recipe.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1090656/ask-a-chef/770 Post # 774

You guys are just ridiculous with your veggies. My veggies still growing,tomatoes just starting to have flowers. Strawberries on the other hand are yumm. Just ate bunch of them strait from the garden. They didn't make to the kitchen to be washed. Some sand didn't hurt anybody right? Right.

"God made dirt, dirt don't hurt!"

I got baby melons!!!!!!!! :celebrate :weee :yesss: :woot
Woo hoo! That's great! I, on the other hand, have something eating out the inside of my pepper leaves and leaving the outside edges! I sprayed with natural, organic spray and don't see any pests on or under the leaves. Pulled back some dirt and didn't see anything either. Cutworms?

Salmon berries can be red orange or yellow when ripe .

Himalayan blackberries grow everywhere here .

Visiting Seattle WA area . Many kinds of berries grow wild here .

Woo hoo! That's great! I, on the other hand, have something eating out the inside of my pepper leaves and leaving the outside edges! I sprayed with natural, organic spray and don't see any pests on or under the leaves. Pulled back some dirt and didn't see anything either. Cutworms?
big_smile.png
That's from about 4 days ago, it looks like this now

Huh.

Salmon berries can be red orange or yellow when ripe .

Himalayan blackberries grow everywhere here .

Visiting Seattle WA area . Many kinds of berries grow wild here .
That's nice that you can go looking for berries.
big_smile.png

Quote: Nice, congrats!
Mine had a few little bulbs but I don't they are are going to grow since we don't have a male blossom.

Back
Top Bottom