Do you garden?

• No

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 459 95.8%
  • Have in the past

Votes: 11 2.3%

• Total voters
Quote: Wow your that close to Fl. and you drive to B'ham for feed! Wow! There is a hardware store in Selma, AL that orders in Non GMO feed for us at 11.00 per 50# bag. You might ask around to see if someone closer to you would get you some in. Or ALr Bama dude on the AL thread or the old folks hom thread lives in Dothan and he might know of someone closer to you.

Out of nowhere the storm came...hail bigger tham a quarter and everything is ruined now. All my tomatoes half broken,cucumbers,lettuce is gone. Huge tree limb fell. Mess everywhere. And its still coming our way. I am sad but I can't imagine what these poor people feel after tornado,when they loose everything.

Thank you chickadoodles. Not all of them are broken but most of the flowers are gone. Some of them still hanging. And some tomatoes still hanging too. But lettuce is gone like shredded cheese. I was waiting for my cucumbers me and my chickens love them. Darn it. And I don't have my fabulous shade area now. That is the most upsetting.

Last edited:
Thank you chickadoodles. Not all of them are broken but most of the flowers are gone. Some of them still hanging. And some tomatoes still hanging too. But lettuce is gone like shredded cheese. I was waiting for my cucumbers me and my chickens love them. Darn it. And I don't have my fabulous shade area now. That is the most upsetting.
At lease your cucs and tomatoes will produce more for you.
As for your shade area there are some really great ways to create shade with just a few dollars and some zip lines or something like that.
big_smile.png

Well the downside to growing things like corn and tomatoes in kiddie pools is their roots don't go deep enough to keep storms from blowing them over, and the pools aren't deep enough to hold stakes. I'm going to try some leftover hardware cloth around the outside of the pool, but I don't think it's tall enough.

I had gone camping for 4 days, and when I came back, I had completely lost control of my garden. They had grown way over and everywhere. And the worse part, I saw a couple of squash bugs. Don't even get me started on All the weeds. However, there were some positive points. I have 2 pumpkins growing, and a spaghetti squash. I also had my first zucchini and tomatoes ready to pick. Sorry, thanks for standing my rant.

Back
Top Bottom