BYC Guinea hen club

Pics

Day 15 if I am right and counting
jumpy.gif

This is my second time to try and hatch guinea eggs. The first time was very unsuccessful for lots of reasons that I am aware of now due to a ton of research!

So I found another nest, we are surrounded in farmland and I had a hard time locating her nest, but we finally did. We found 50+ eggs, she has been going in that general area for a little over a week, so I am concerned how long these eggs have been there. She laid her nest right in the middle of the alfalfa, which we are about to cut and bail, so I can't leave her out there, not to mention the coyotes might get her.

I took 40 eggs off of the top of the nest, is this the right thing to do? Is there a way to tell how far along they are? Should I just start from day 1 in the incubator?

I set some guinea eggs 25 days ago. I was getting the bator ready for lock down, I listened to hear if any were pecking yet. I picked one up that was not only pecking but cheeping too!! So the bator is now in lockdown. I raised the humidity to 65%, the temp is 39.5 degrees Celsius. Now I just wait...

This is my second time to try and hatch guinea eggs.  The first time was very unsuccessful for lots of reasons that I am aware of now due to a ton of research!

So I found another nest, we are surrounded in farmland and I had a hard time locating her nest, but we finally did.  We found 50+ eggs, she has been going in that general area for a little over a week, so I am concerned how long these eggs have been there.  She laid her nest right in the middle of the alfalfa, which we are about to cut and bail, so I can't leave her out there, not to mention the coyotes might get her.

I took 40 eggs off of the top of the nest, is this the right thing to do?  Is there a way to tell how far along they are?  Should I just start from day 1 in the incubator?

If she wasn't setting yet start from day 1.

Back
Top Bottom