BYC Guinea hen club

Pics
Got a question. We are new to guinea hens and have a girl that had been laying almost everyday. We got hot weather and we just assumed she stopped laying until our dog sitter found 7 eggs hidden under the deck. Well she went back to laying in the coop.
The past 2 weeks we haven't found any eggs until yesterday there was 1 in the coop.
Any ideas? What is the possibility she has 14(+/-) eggs hidden somewhere?

I'd say the chances are real good she is laying them somewhere else again. Did you happen to save the eggs you found under the deck? Hopefully you did......if so, put them all inside the coop with the other egg - where you want her to lay. Hopefully she will get back on track!!

I'd say the chances are real good she is laying them somewhere else again.  Did you happen to save the eggs you found under the deck?  Hopefully you did......if so, put them all inside the coop with the other egg -  where you want her to lay.  Hopefully she will get back on track!!

We have already eaten those :/

I'd say the chances are real good she is laying them somewhere else again. Did you happen to save the eggs you found under the deck? Hopefully you did......if so, put them all inside the coop with the other egg - where you want her to lay. Hopefully she will get back on track!!
With this type of problem, would the golf ball trick work, like it does with chickens?

I have a question..I will be getting some quineas soon and wondering if there is a certain bedding I need to use

So our Guinea Hen eggs were the same size as our silky eggs. We had a hard time trying to figure out the difference between the two, because they looked so similar.

Ours personally had little spots on them, but the biggest way we could tell a difference was when we went to crack the egg.
We joke that we need a hammer to crack those!
So from now on if it has speckles, and hard to crack... its a guinea hen egg!

Back
Top Bottom