BYC Guinea hen club

Pics
I just got through selling the last 19 keets! I hatched out about 500, lost about 15, gave away some and traded some r peafowl. The rest I sold. All and all it was a successful year. Next yeas I will not only have guineas but I will have peafowl for sale!

Now it sounds like you had an amazing year .....
thumbsup.gif

I currently have 8 guineas... 4 of each sex... Can't wait til spring to start getting eggs..

Question... Will the keets be ok being raised in a pen with the cocks?

My understanding is that the males help raise the keets when they are being hatched and brooded by the hens. There have been posts in this forum where it was claimed that the whole flock would help raise the keets.

I am new to guinea hens but I have heard some mixed things about them do they lay much? Or only during the times they are broody?

My guinea hens lay starting in April and continue into September. The eggs come slowly at first but once they get going, they tend to lay an egg every day. They will stop laying when they go broody.

I currently have 8 guineas... 4 of each sex... Can't wait til spring to start getting eggs..

Question... Will the keets be ok being raised in a pen with the cocks?

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

You might want to go over to the New Members Introduction forum and say hello to everyone and all you need to do is go up to the Forum Nav and hit on the v and go on up till you find the New Members Introduction ,,, enjoy your time on BYC
caf.gif

I am new to guinea hens but I have heard some mixed things about them do they lay much? Or only during the times they are broody?

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

Another new member to BYC I see if you would be kind enough to go over to the New Members Introduction forum so everyone can welcome you on board or to the flock ...........

Oh guinea lay egg from spring till late summer and here is a photo of one of my guinea hens
wee.gif

she was so hard to find
yesss.gif
best to keep the hens in a cage as the wild animals will
find the hens as they do like to hide far away and the roo's go back to roost as normal ..

I had a hard time getting them to let me take a photo ....

They do like to get up high to roost but mostly the same place ..

Back
Top Bottom