BYC question and answer thread....

Well, at least going by the photos, your Silkie rooster could be show-quality. However, you hen is not--she needs more leg/foot feathering and a larger crest.
X2. The rooster wouldn't get disqualified at a show, but he doesn't look like the greatest quality (needs to be fluffier, with a larger crest).

Is there anyway I can answer questions? I'm pretty good with a good amount of stuff but I can't help with nutrition or food right now, I literally have a thread about that up right now trying to see if what I want to feed is good or not, so if I could answer questions that would be cool!
I'm pretty good at figuring out what's wrong with chickens, the treating of what's wrong with them, and behavior problems/issues, and I'm pretty good at figuring out why hens aren't laying. There's more that I'm ok at but that's what I'm really good at.

Logan

Last edited:
Hi everyone I was just wondering if anyone knows or has had experience with the manna pro poultry protector? I have had mites and Ive never used this before. I just bought it because its the natural way to protect them. Does it kill mites if they are already on the bird? Any help will be great thanks!
smile.png

Hi everyone I was just wondering if anyone knows or has had experience with the manna pro poultry protector? I have had mites and Ive never used this before. I just bought it because its the natural way to protect them. Does it kill mites if they are already on the bird? Any help will be great thanks!
smile.png
I've used Poultry Protector before, with varying results. It does kill mites, but it doesn't work as well as Sevin Dust, in my experience. It takes multiple applications to get rid of mites if a bird is already infected (works better for small infestations, or as a preventative measure) In the end, I usually resort to Sevin Dust, or Frontline to kill the mites quicker.

Back
Top Bottom