Yet another (Canada based) de-worming thread! (GROSS PIC WARNING)

I'm sorry you didn't get much feedback on this thread. The Emergencies forum is the busiest forum of all, and threads often get missed due to all the newer threads that quickly follow.

I quickly realized that after I had posted! It's okay though, I got a lot of my info just from Google results that lead me to BYC. I figured if anything I would keep updating this thread so someone could Google it for themselves in the future which is why I used a lot of specific keywords in my thread title and kept reposting the medicine names. Especially since it's a bit different sourcing/using some of this stuff in Canada!

Thank you for your feedback! Only 2 more medicine-force-feeding sessions and I can stop bothering the poor girls. Chicks will be integrated into the big coop/run in about 2 weeks as well!

dawg53 and wyorp rock are great at worming stuff. I just did the fenbendazole route this morning..they walked me through it..I don't know how to do the highlight user name thingy.
All you need to do is hit the @ key before you type the user name in, & that will tag that person. Like this. @dawg53 ,@Wyorp Rock .

I quickly realized that after I had posted! It's okay though, I got a lot of my info just from Google results that lead me to BYC. I figured if anything I would keep updating this thread so someone could Google it for themselves in the future which is why I used a lot of specific keywords in my thread title and kept reposting the medicine names. Especially since it's a bit different sourcing/using some of this stuff in Canada!

Thank you for your feedback! Only 2 more medicine-force-feeding sessions and I can stop bothering the poor girls. Chicks will be integrated into the big coop/run in about 2 weeks as well!
Thank you for posting all this. I found it now because I think I saw some worms in poop this evening. It is also good to hear how you have dealt with it as a Canadian. We can't always use the advice given by our lovely neighbours to the south since we often don't have access to the same medications.

I was searching to see if the eggs I have collected for the last week are edible when they have worms and have not been dewormed yet.

Just administered day 5 of the Fenbendazole treatment today! Last day!
Going to give it a full week before I got back to eating the eggs just in case.

I was searching to see if the eggs I have collected for the last week are edible when they have worms and have not been dewormed yet.

From what I understand it is safe as long as the egg is fully cooked, and even if not most of the common worms that chickens normally get (chicken roundworm) are not a threat to humans.

I know this is an old thread, but I'm trying to figure out dosing for 4 hens with Piperazine Dihrdrochoride and having a terrible time with it. What dose did you use?

Back
Top Bottom