BYC SEWING/QUILTING CLUB

I found the border fabric I am going to use on my La Pass. It is a starry night type print it has a wide stripe that repeats length of fabric wise. I will place the darker side towards the quilt and the lighter strip towards the outer edge. It reminds me of Doctor Who (Who fans will get why) and every quilt needs a little DW.

Kass - thank you for giving us glimpses of you project and its progress. I really love the blue border!

I love this scrappy quilt!  You've done a very nice job on it and I'm sure it feels oh-so-good to finish up a project that has been around for awhile.  I just finally sent a wedding gift quilt to the quilters that was started in 2004 (good thing, they are still married).
Funny you say that - someone made a quilt for me for a wedding present and gave it to me at 6 years of marriage. 6 months later I got divorced!!! It feels wonderful to have it done.

Funny you say that - someone made a quilt for me for a wedding present and gave it to me at 6 years of marriage. 6 months later I got divorced!!! It feels wonderful to have it done.

Here it is finished! It's 100 inches by 100 inches. I can't believe the top is finally done!!

Three quilts...each are dated by the fabrics to about the 1930s to 1940s...one from an aunt and two rescued from an antique store and a flea market...The craftsman ship by the two purchased quilts is stunning. You will need to enlarge the pictures to see the details. The handsewn quilting is becoming a lost art.

My husband's Aunt Sis died 10 years ago at the age of 93 and we have recently received a quilt made by her...years before from a cousin. This quilt was made from feed sacking fabrics and is hand sewn and hand quilted with many patches from use. There is a little fading on some of the older fabrics but her handwork is beautiful. The borders were from different colored fabrics. The thread for quilting was the cotton thread from the feed sacks and is done in the rainbow shell contour from the old timers. It shows how nothing was wasted.

This quilt was purchased for $150 from an antique store we frequent. The owner said the lady's family was selling many of her quilts because there were not enough family members to take them. A beautiful hand sewn and hand quilted full sized quilt with tiny stitches. The border is lovely with scallops and very few repeats in the fabrics. The colors are gorgeous. The back shows the lovely hand quilting.

This beautiful Wedding Ring pattern full sized quilt was hand sewn and hand quilted. It was priced $80 at a flea market. There are hundreds of pieces. The hand stitching is beautiful...very tiny stitches both in the stitching and the quilting. . Each section has many 1 inch wide pieces used...the fabrics are all flour and feed sacking cottons. I love the scalloped edge that mirrors the rings.

Last edited:
Three quilts...each are dated by the fabrics to about the 1930s to 1940s...one from an aunt and two rescued from an antique store and a flea market...The craftsman ship by the two purchased quilts is stunning. You will need to enlarge the pictures to see the details. The handsewn quilting is becoming a lost art.

My husband's Aunt Sis died 10 years ago at the age of 93 and we have recently received a quilt made by her...years before from a cousin. This quilt was made from feed sacking fabrics and is hand sewn and hand quilted with many patches from use. There is a little fading on some of the older fabrics but her handwork is beautiful. The borders were from different colored fabrics. The thread for quilting was the cotton thread from the feed sacks and is done in the rainbow shell contour from the old timers. It shows how nothing was wasted.

This quilt was purchased for $150 from an antique store we frequent. The owner said the lady's family was selling many of her quilts because there were not enough family members to take them. A beautiful hand sewn and hand quilted full sized quilt with tiny stitches. The border is lovely with scallops and very few repeats in the fabrics. The colors are gorgeous. The back shows the lovely hand quilting.

This beautiful Wedding Ring pattern full sized quilt was hand sewn and hand quilted. It was priced $80 at a flea market. There are hundreds of pieces. The hand stitching is beautiful...very tiny stitches both in the stitching and the quilting. . Each section has many 1 inch wide pieces used...the fabrics are all flour and feed sacking cottons. I love the scalloped edge that mirrors the rings.
Just beautiful! Treasures, for sure!

Back
Top Bottom