BYC SEWING/QUILTING CLUB

Parson's Wife :

My poor dear Rev. has been food poisoned. (Nope, I didn't do it!)
We were taken out to eat yesterday, and well....we had different foods, and his apparently was bad. He is feeling some better, they gave him meds to stop the vomiting.

I think I might try to find that book for my church ladies...maybe make copies of certain pages...though I really think they will just learn as we go.

I'm really debating...I found another star pattern, I wonder if anyone has tried it? I would love to know what it looks like...it's called the Friendship star. Quite, quite simple...
fl.gif

But I really like the looks of the Cowboy Star and it's seems to be just a little more intricate.
I love ALL star patterns, pinwheels, logcabins...etc....
but some, I have no doubt, we would be unable to accomplish...or at least slowed down due to inexperience...and that's not a bad thing...I just don't want to burn them out on the first go around...
smile.png

Here is another site that you could find a star quilt on http://www.freequiltpatterns.info/ it is an awesome site to go through. Hope you enjoy it
smile.png

I finally found time to scan some photos of quilts I have completed over the previous years (previous to my good digital camera I have now lol). These are not all, by far, but gives everyone an idea of how addicted to quilting I have been.

Arctic-was a internet block swap I hosted years ago.
arctic1.jpg

Grandma's Butterflies-an internet block swap I participated in, had enough blocks for 3 of these quilts for gifts and still have some left for a quilt for myself.
30sbutterflies.jpg

Baseball-was a gift for a baby
baseballquilt.jpg

Birdhouses-gift for my sister
birdhouses.jpg

Cats-from an internet block swap I participated in, quilt was a Christmas gift for family member.
cats.jpg

Large Pinwheel-these blocks are 18" square! Baby gift.
largepinwheel.jpg

Large Star-these blocks are 18" square! Baby gift.
largestar.jpg

Parasol Ladies-custom made for one of my sisters
parasolladies.jpg

Pink & Brown-blocks are from a Pink & Brown themed internet block swap I held. This quilt was made for a church auction.
pinkbrown.jpg

Tropical Pundh-internet block swap I participated in.
tropical.jpg

These are blocks from a Texas themed block swap I held several years ago. They are so neat!!
texas.jpg

Enjoy!

OHMYGOSH!!! These are SO gorgeous! All you ladies are very talented and I haven't see one yet that I don't like - but good grief amyquilt - those are simply magnificant! Every single one of them. I especially love the butterfly quilt and the parisol ladies. Wow.
th.gif
Just breath taking.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Penny

Parson's Wife - I hope the Rev is feeling better today!

Quote:
Mine are in the state now... about 3 hours away, so HOPEFULLY mine will be delivered tomorrow!!!
smile.png
Hope yours got there for you today!

PortageGirl - Ok, you HAVE to tell me where this Joann's Warehouse store is! I may just have to make a trip up there!!!

Amy - your quilts are beautiful! Thanks for sharing!!

Here ya go!!

Jo-Ann Fabric And Craft Larger Superstore
5381 Darrow Rd
Hudson, OH 44236-4007
Tel: 330-650-6228

I'm not sure their regular stock is much better than other big Jo Ann's but they have good markdown tables... that's the best part cause it's a distribution center.

Back
Top Bottom