BYC SEWING/QUILTING CLUB

Chicken Women & Acres of BLessings ----Beautiful quilts.

Acres----I haven't seen one like that before, that is a neat look. What size is that bed? Does your quilt go all the way to the floor?

Both of you ladies have done an amazing job, right now I wouldn't mind being snuggled up inside one of those with the temps the way they are. Brrrrr, it's cold!

Parson's Wife :

Chicken Women & Acres of BLessings ----Beautiful quilts.

Acres----I haven't seen one like that before, that is a neat look. What size is that bed? Does your quilt go all the way to the floor?

It is a full size bed and no it doesn't go all the way to the floor. I am going to add a border around the edge and it is made for a twin size bed for my daughter's 18th birthday. She has asked for it from the beginning. So this will be her gift from Dad & Mom.​

Last edited:
celebrate.gif
For my 5 year old. She picked out the fat quarters herself when I went shopping last week.

SANY0896.jpg

I intended it to be a rag style mini tote, but before I put the straps on and the little snap closure she said she wanted it that way which is inside out really.
th.gif
So the inside looks all torn up!
lau.gif

You guys are SO talented! I just marvel at the way you can pick colors and put it all together ... I think you guys should enter quilt shows with those beauties!!!
clap.gif

I've only been quilting for about 2 years, give or take. I still have the hardest time picking out fabrics and "seeing" the end result. So, I always end up doing the kits. One day I hope to actually get one "quilted" - dh bought me a long arm but I have yet to figure it out and use it....

Thanks Guys, my daughter was just like mom in the quilt store - like a kid in a candy shop!
lau.gif

That snap Sara is just a plastic one, I do use a press (industrial)to put it on, I have tons of those plastic thingies, my daughter took two hours to finally agree with me on color, she wanted a BLUE one on!
th.gif

I just inherited a viking husqvarna 990 sle sewing embroidery machine
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
clap.gif
It was a friend's mothers and had been sitting in the basement collecting dust. Oh today is my lucky day...now I just need to find time to learn how to use it

Back
Top Bottom