BYC SEWING/QUILTING CLUB

Ditto Blooie!!
smile.png
Kassaundra, you never fail to amaze me! Great job!

Just got my order from fabric.com it was my first time ordering from them, they were prompt, all the fabric was exactly what I expected and they even sent me extra, one of the fabrics I bought was an end of bolt so they sent me a whole yard more, but still charged me for the amount I ordered. I couldn't be happier w/ my experience and will order from them again

nice to hear a good review like that. They just got added to my favorites bar, it looks like they have some nice fabrics.
Maybe later, when I get a better job and can afford to get back into sewing, I will be able to get some new fabrics too! :)

I was given a pkt of precut dresdens. It is older you can tell by the colors it is from late 80's early 90's, that dark green that was everywhere, it is alternating green solid and green/white stripe. They are cut perfectly so I believe machine cut, enough for 35 dresdens. The fabric is a good weight quilters cotton. I'm not inspired enough by them to do allllllll the handwork that will require and was wanting to modern it up a bit, so have been thinking on it for a few days and think I have come up w/ a plan. Finding a "funky" modern polka dot in a "surprise" color, putting the 4 wedges together at a time and sewing a triangle along the bottom (so when all 4 are sewn together they will form a square on point in the center instead of an applique circle) Then taking the 4 wedge unit as the "inner" portion of a drunkards path and making a pattern for the "outer" portion of the drunkards path and sewing that together. After I get all the wedge / drunkards path units together playing to see if I keep the layout of a Dresden plate or if I go w/ a more "playful" drunkards path layout.

I was given a pkt of precut dresdens. It is older you can tell by the colors it is from late 80's early 90's, that dark green that was everywhere, it is alternating green solid and green/white stripe. They are cut perfectly so I believe machine cut, enough for 35 dresdens. The fabric is a good weight quilters cotton. I'm not inspired enough by them to do allllllll the handwork that will require and was wanting to modern it up a bit, so have been thinking on it for a few days and think I have come up w/ a plan. Finding a "funky" modern polka dot in a "surprise" color, putting the 4 wedges together at a time and sewing a triangle along the bottom (so when all 4 are sewn together they will form a square on point in the center instead of an applique circle) Then taking the 4 wedge unit as the "inner" portion of a drunkards path and making a pattern for the "outer" portion of the drunkards path and sewing that together. After I get all the wedge / drunkards path units together playing to see if I keep the layout of a Dresden plate or if I go w/ a more "playful" drunkards path layout.
Can't wait to see your plan come together! I can't picture what you are saying, but knowing you, it will be awesome!

Back
Top Bottom