BYC SEWING/QUILTING CLUB

yuckyuck.gif
LOL!!!! Another addict bites the dust!!!!!
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

O.K. so I have been feeling a little down and my first mistake was going to the craft store. No wait a minute, my first mistake was to look through this thread and see all the cool stuff.
big_smile.png
And so I found the best place to buy printed fabrics and well they had a whole chicken section. So there I am buying a bunch of fabric and all the while thinking... I dont have a clue what to do with these.
lau.gif
So here I am with awesome fabric and I dont know what to do. I don't know how to quilt or make clothes. Any ideas from this wonderful thread full of enablers.
lol.png

102_5285.jpg

Very nice fabric you found!

Bandanas are very easy to make, just cut and stitch the edges. You could also make simple pillows.

And let me tell you, quilting is much easier than you think! lol If you can cut and sew straight lines, that's half the battle won already.

Someone posted a link on one of these threads to a site with all types of easy to difficult patterns.. here it is again to save you searching: http://www.quilterscache.com/QuiltBlocksGalore.html

Be sure to show us what you come up with.
big_smile.png

That's how it starts Roses, first you buy the fabric and then you have to learn to make quilt blocks..when Acres opens the sign up for the April block swap, you and Cybercat need sign up for one or two and search the web for "9 patch" quilt block instructions..that is the easiest to learn..from there the addiction just gets worse!!!!

Elven warn someone next time about the site has music. It scarded the pants off me for my volume was way up.
hide.gif
gig.gif

Does anyone here use Patternreview.com site.
love.gif
I love that site for learning how to sew some things. I have a new sewing machine that I am having to relearn how to sew on. Lost most of my knowledge over the years.

Would love to make quilts but need a begineers site for that explain from the start on making one. Some of it I can figure out from whating show over the years but not all. I would like to make a quilt for our bed so a good starter site would be a big help.

I have a kenmore 606 so have enough varity of stiches to make just about anything I want just short of embroidery. Mean while I guess I will get to reading back posts in this section and this thread.
caf.gif

Quote:
Uhhh... I already have the material for the chicken pillows (not pictured)
hide.gif

Is quilting easy, I mean basic quilting? What tools are needed? I do cloth doll and stuffed animals so I am sure I have some of the things I need. (posts are under Crafters what are you making thread) Can you give me some pointers? I literally wouldn't know where to start. I am afraid to make a quilt. First off it is very addictive and second if my first stuffed animals are any indication, I would hear stiffled laughter whenever it was shown.
smile.png
I guess I really do need some enablers.
gig.gif

Elven warn someone next time about the site has music. It scarded the pants off me for my volume was way up. hide gig

whoops! sorry I've had my speakers turned off recently! Totally forgot about the music! lol
ep.gif
gig.gif

Quote:
Uhhh... I already have the material for the chicken pillows (not pictured)
hide.gif

Is quilting easy, I mean basic quilting? What tools are needed? I do cloth doll and stuffed animals so I am sure I have some of the things I need. (posts are under Crafters what are you making thread) Can you give me some pointers? I literally wouldn't know where to start. I am afraid to make a quilt. First off it is very addictive and second if my first stuffed animals are any indication, I would hear stiffled laughter whenever it was shown.
smile.png
I guess I really do need some enablers.
gig.gif

It was easy for me to start. The very first quilt I tried was just a bunch of 4 inch squares sewn together. VERY easy! lol
I actually started doing my blocks by hand since I didn't have the machine at first. And let me tell ya, I had only the most BASIC sewing skills. I mean, like I can sew buttons back on..... lol

I found a pattern that gave really good instructions on piecing. That made it a bit easier but I ended up pinning and un-pinning over and over to get it right. And THEN I realized that I wasn't measuring correctly for the 1/4 inch seam! lol So everything was smaller than it should have been... which thankfully worked out since I was doing simple squares for a baby blanket.

The very first quilt I tried was just a bunch of 4 inch squares sewn together. VERY easy! lol

My first quilt book was one of those 'ship you every month' thingies.. I would get some patterns that were like, UH NO!?!? and then some really easy ones too.

I wish I had kept ordering the patterns since I can't find the company online to start over now.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom