BYC SEWING/QUILTING CLUB

It might be appliqued but I can not be sure. It was so long ago that I saw it. I thought it was a common pattern but not the ones I have found have matched it.

Quote:
Did you find this CW? Alexander Henry carries alot of sewing notions type fabric..pretty! Just google him and you should find alot of it with sewing machines, pins, scissors...
wink.png

Thanks I found so many now i have to make up my mind. I am going to make covers for my sewing machines, curtains, cover for my chair, and a thing you hang on the wall that holds lots of tools etc. Also a thing you hang next to machine that hold stuff you need right at hand.

I'm very frustrated right now! I was finally going to get going on our wedding guestbook quilt and now I cannot find the fabric squares signed by the guests at the wedding or the extra squares! I knew exactly where they were before we moved, but now I cannot remember where I put them! I'm sure I put them someplace for safekeeping... but WHERE?
barnie.gif

If you're interested, this is what the general design is for the quilt (It's going to be a wall hanging - I thought it would be easier to display that way - I estimated that it will be 57" x 57" finished):
14764_wedding_quilt_opt3_90__for_byc.jpg

The maroon squares will be a maroon and red variegated fabric.
The red squares will be a print all in shades of red.
The black squares are black with a gray print... kind of a ghost print in that it isn't super obvious against the background (it does not have ghosts on it... it's a floral print).
The gray will be white fabric with black print.
The white will be white fabric that the guests signed at the wedding reception with black or red fabric marker.

The white in the middle will probably be made from part of my wedding dress (It was too long for me and we shortened the train for our outdoor wedding, so I have some nice pieces of it I could use) and will have our names and wedding date on it.

That is going to be a lovely quilt/wall hanging! What a nice idea to do for a memorable wedding gift. I especially like the thought of having a piece of your wedding dress in the center...
I've considered incorporating my wedding dress into a quilt somehow.. it will never be worn again, lol. And unfortunately it got some rust on it from somewhere shortly after the wedding so it's kinda ruined..
sad.png
but using it in a quilt will be nice.

Thank you.
smile.png
I'm excited about it! I really wanted something other than a guest book that I would never look at again.

Here is a picture of all of the fabric (except the white because I STILL haven't figured out where I put those darn blocks! And I haven't dug out the wedding dress fabric yet).
IMG_3817.jpg

Elven, you really should use your dress in a quilt! That would be an awesome way to reuse it!
smile.png

Those are great colors and I love the patterns on them too.

Yep, definitely gonna do something with my dress now. I do know I'm going to put pieces of it in my Cathedral Window quilt I'm working on. But those are only 1" squares so I'll have plenty more to work with! lol

Thanks! DH actually helped pick the fabrics! He WANTED to... seriously! I love that about him.
smile.png

Do you have any pics of your wedding dress? I think you posted the Cathedral Window quilt... or am I remembering wrong? If you haven't I'd love to see that, too!

Back
Top Bottom