BYC SEWING/QUILTING CLUB

Well Sara has inspired me to join all my swap blocks together and make a quilt top with them ..her quilt was sooooo nice!!!...so that will be my next project..loaded down with Christmas crafts right now...ordered some photo fabric and checkered flag fabric to make my son a racing themed quilt for Christmas and still working on dresden circles for his girlfriends' quilt and a batman themed quilt for my daughter who apparently has a thing for the batman!! I hope I can get everything donw by christmas!!!! I want to make some potholders too, does anyone use a pattern for those or just measure out a square add batting and backing and top stitch for decoration?
wink.png

Uh, oh! BYC has a whole craft section too! How am I supposed to get anything done around here?

Well, I am a sewer/quilter, although pretty new to quilting. I'm working on quilts for my kids right now. My son's quilt is basic blocks in red, white and blue stripes. It should be boyish enough for him! My daughter's quilt is a pattern called Shadow Stars and is the first intermediate level quilt I have tried. Also, the first quilt I am making fully from a pattern. I just have one more fabric to cut out today and then I can start sewing.
ya.gif

So how do the block swaps work? Do you have to commit to all of them or just month by month? What about patterns? Is there a specific pattern or anything goes?

Quote:
No you do not have to commit to every month, You can use your own patterns, Only one swap has a themed block (meaning that is the block you make). Hope to see you in some of the swaps.

Just checking in. I have been so busy with the new chicks I have not touched my quilt project. As a matter of fact my sewing table is cluttered. Well when chicks move out I will be able to get back to my quilt. Sometimes break are good things.
big_smile.png

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif

Nice to have you back Cybercat!! Don't stay away so long next time
smile.png

Zoo, the fish sounds cute but I am looking for easy and uncomplicated to put in baskets with the caning stuff and likely out of Christmas fabrics. I could just cut a square about 8x8 and sew and bind with a bit of batting in between and use some of my decorative stitiches on this quilting machine, probably will try that this weekend. Last night I had to go on line at SInger and do research on all those feet it came with, I think I could have been using that 1/4" straight stitch one and the walking foot already..they sent a bag of feet and no directions! Go figure!!

Scram.....you need to use the 1/4" quilting foot for sewing and the darning/quilting foot for quilting. I know the picture isn't that good but, this is the darning/quilting foot I was telling you about that you have in your little accessory bag...................

Sure hope you can see the pic good enough
smile.png

family2009002-4.jpg

ETA----better pic
smile.png

Scrambled.....theres a little taste of the quilt I am working on.

Last edited:
I ddid some research on line last night about those feet and figured out that one was a darner/embroidery foot and the walking one has it's own feed dogs and is good for any sandwiched fabric as it will pull it along with those top dogs...saw that 1/4" one and figured that was for keeping a straight seam, I wrote in permanent marker on the side of all of them what they are so I won't forget. Need to get soem scraps and practice with them. That's purty fabric in your picture there cuz!!

Back
Top Bottom