BYC SEWING/QUILTING CLUB

That is a beautiful quilt. I felt like you did when I took my first class. I'd always quilted by hand and at almosr 70 took a machine quilting class and it wasn't a very good experience. I had just moved here and thought the class would help me make friends but that didn't happen. Glad to hear you stuck with it and gave them what for. Keep up the good work!
thumbsup.gif

17Roses that is a beautiful hot pad.

Tammy-Tx that is a gorgeous quilt, glad you showed them it was the person behind the machine and not the equipment that mattered.

Jo Ann's in store only ! Quilters Showcase Prints $1.99 yd. Aug 16-29 th.

I have several quilts that I need 5 or 6 yds for the back so this will be great !

17roses, what a great neighbor you are......and I love the potholder.

Tammy, what an inspiring experience you shared. Your quilt is amazing - neat pattern and colors.

Chicken Woman, I got my sale flyer last week. I hope to make it into the store early this week. I picked up some extra wide quilt fabric at Joanns this summer. It was .50 - $1.00 a yard and will make great backings.

It's raining here so not much work outside. I have a just a bit of canning I need to do today - nothing major. I'll be going with my youngest DD to pick up books for school
- college books=big check.
sad.png
After that, I hope to be sewing.

Our oldest baby is turning 26 today. The weather today is the same as on the day she was born.

prairiegirl

Quote:
I just noticed this.

I've ordered from them several times, Nanakat, and I was very pleased with their service.

Thanks ChevyBeth...I like to hear good comments on an online company before I order. 100% cotton doesn't always mean the same thread count and "feel" of the material for quilting.

I just got off the web site for JoAnn's....you enablers out there.
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

There is a nice selection of fabrics....and I ordered some 1/4 yard pieces for a Civil War period quilt I'm planning. Some were fabrics I haven't seen in our local quilt shops or on ThousandsofBolts so my stash is pregnant again...awaiting the delivery date
celebrate.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom