BYC SEWING/QUILTING CLUB

Quote:
I agree! Makes me want to go quilt right now.
smile.png

Just thought I would give everybody an FYI. If you local WalMart is going through a remodel this year, check and see if they are going to get rid of their fabric department. The store I work at currently has all material marked down by 25%. I have picked up a bunch of fabric at ridiculous prices, some of it was marked down to $1.50 a yard.

Wow, I haven't been around much, but was looking through this thread today and WOW you guys have been busy! Beautiful quilts!!!

I am FINALLY close to finishing my sister and brother-in-law's wedding quilt. I started it last June and if I get enough time to work on it this weekend I may be able to finish it.
smile.png
I'm excited to finally be close to finishing it so I can move on to the next project!

Lovely quilts ladies!!!!

FrChuckW,
Walmart has indicated they will be closing most of their fabric sections across our region.
Many of our small towns don't have access to Hancock's or Hobby Lobby or even retails for reasonable fabric for the high school sewing classes. There are a lot of customers writing to Walmart headquarders to ask them to reconsider.
Our Walmart will be staying and has upgraded the quality of 100% cottons they offer. We have a great interest in quilting in Central Oklahoma.

Out WalMart is going to put in a Super Walmart and they don't plan on expanding the fabrics and yarns we have now and may get rid of it all. It isn't much and we are all the way out in no man's land in the desert and it's at least 76 miles to the nearest yarn and regular fabric. We do have two quilt shops in town but their fabric is terribly expensive and retired people can't afford their prices and some don't have a means of getting to another town where they can buy what they need. The grocery section will probably put our local markets out of business also. I don't know why they need a Super Walmart if they aren't going to give us more items.
hu.gif

When writing to Walmart address it to the president. He will then have one of the lackeys contact the store manager and they have 24 hours to respond back with a solution. If enough people raise a ruckus about this then maybe they will change their mind and keep the fabrics. Just a suggestion.

Thanks, I'll try it but if it's anything like the hassle I've had with UPS over a package it might not help. Anything is worth a try though.

Back
Top Bottom