BYC SEWING/QUILTING CLUB

Beth, that is awesome!
thumbsup.gif

Today was the first day of the sewing group,, I started them off with sewing two small squares together by hand. The hardest part was tying the knot in the needle for most of them! Some chose to stick with just crochet but the ones that are going to do the sewing, about 18 of them, decided they want to make a pot holder for Mother's Day.... That sounds easy enough doesn't it?

Quote:
I don' t tie a knot to sew. I thread my needle with both of the cut ends this leaves a loop. I then put my needle thru and before I pull it all the way thru on the back side I put it in the loop so the loop holds it. Hope that makes sense. If not can someone who knows what I am talking about help out here and explain it better.

Quote:
Yes two strands. I will try again

Take the two cut ends place them together and put them thru the eye of the needle That leaves a loop at the bottom.

Put your needle thru the fabric and then thru to the back as you come down the back you will see the loop put the needle thru the loop as you finish pulling the needle with the two cut ends in the needle eye it will tighten and then you are locked in place. And you are sewing with the two stands.

Once you figure it out it is great to work with .

Back
Top Bottom