BYC SEWING/QUILTING CLUB

For those of you that celebrate it, I hope you all have a safe, happy and blessed Easter.

All the quilts and projects look great, everybody has done a great job.

Happy Spring!
bun.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
ya.gif

Quote:
She is a beauty! She looks like Melissa Gilbert when she was the young Laura Ingles.

That is funny-I was told that is who I looked like too (when I was younger)!

Quote:
Beautiful quilt. Doing the math and keeping a copy means you have a one of a kind pattern. Although it takes time, I can get lost in doing the math...like a pieced border or enlarging a 10 inch block to a 12 inch. Once it is done, I can re use it ove and over.

I need more practice to get better at the math. That block was fairly simple and it still made me think! lol. I guess in time I'll get better at it. I made up my own pattern over the weekend for a Chevrolet bowtie emblem.
smile.png
I need to redo my math on the one part... lol. It came out too large, but it was no big deal to cut it down to make it work. Next time I'll get it right.

Heather, I love the girls' clothes!! Great job on those! The nightgown looks just about the same as the ones my mom made for us growing up!

I've started a new project. We losty my husband's brother last month.
I'm taking my brother-in-law's cotton shirts and making each of his daughters a memory quilt. I've been cutting the fabric this week and making churndash blocks. I have drawn out a center applique block of a figure similiar to Overall Bill holding a fishing pole and some fish.
The plan calls for a border of half triangle blocks too.
Will post a picture when I have enough to do a bit of layout.

Cool A quilting club
smile.png

I quilt. I am trying to finish my UFO's so I can work on some others.

I Just finished hand quilting a quilt that I am doing for my mother-in-law. I wish I knew how to put pictures on here.

I am now working on finishing hand quilting my first quilt. I have finished 4 others but they were all machine quilted.

I have only been sewing and embroidering for about 5 years, and that is only when I have a project to work on or clothes to fix. I would love to learn how to quilt as I believe my sewing machine is also setup for quilting. I have a Janome Memorycraft 9500. There is a class at a college about an hour away that teaches you the basics in a couple weeks time and I have often thought about taking it just to see if I am really interested. Some of you have some beautiful work that you have created. I am envious of your imaginations and abilities.
droolin.gif

Quote:
There are places on line that you can use to learn the basics of quilting. YouTube has a lot and Quilt in a Day does also. There are lots of books out also that show you step by step. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom