BYC SEWING/QUILTING CLUB

Can anyone tell me where I can get some quilts quilted? I have a couple my gramma gave me years ago and one I have done, and want to get them either machine or hand quilted. I use to know someone that sent their quilts to someplace in Mississippi for machine quilting but never knew exactly where. Anyone have any suggestions?

I had some students learn a hard lesson yesterday,,, they were sewing together squares to put together into one unit. One group was doing the 1/4 inch seam right the other group was not paying attention and did a 1/2 inch seam,, it didn't fit when put together so now they ripping out a whooooooole lotta seams!

Quote:
Do you have a local quilt shop or one nearby? A lot of the quilt shops have long arm quilt machines now and if not you might try some of your local churches. Some still have quilting sessions and might be persuaded to quilt for you for a donation to their organization. Your local quilt shop or fabric store might be able to tell you also if they don't do quilting. Lot's of luck.

Quote:
here's the link
http://quiltsatcs.blogspot.com/2007/04/disappearing-9-patch-tutorial.html

Thank you bunches!! I have a couple sets of the I-spy fabrics from the swap we did. I've been thinking of what to do with my last set. Now I know!!

Thanks goldenluver for posting that link!
smile.png
If you do a google image search on disappearing 9 patch it is interesting to see how people have used the pattern differently. It can look very organized or totally scrappy depending on how you use it.

It's really easy to and is a quick process. I'm using it on another baby quilt I'm making now. I just cut out all the squares last night. I'm excited about this one... I like the colors I'm using a little better so that helps too.
smile.png
You'll have to share yours when you get it done, CoyoteMagic!

I have the disappearing nine patch quilt pattern and I think there are about 5-10 different ways you can arrange the pattern. PM me with your email and I'll scan it and send it to you.

No, I haven't made a quilt out of the pattern, I just have the pattern. I keep hoping your quilts will get me moving. I just have some mental block when it comes to quilting (pun intended). I have all kinds of beautiful fabrics and patterns but I'm just a pooper! Am I the only quilt shopping addict? Honestly I have two quilts that need backs on them and to be quilted, two more with tops started. A whole pile of scraps I've saved from sewing projects that my Mother so sweetly cut up for me into perfect squares so I can make a coin quilt. And I have no motivation. Now that being said I've been making aprons and prom dresses and pj's galore. But when it comes to quilts I just can't do it!!!! Help.

Last edited:
eastbaychicks I am sorta like you. I don't have any tops ready yet. I am so afraid of making mistakes that I don't know how too correct. I really need too go too a class and learn some stuff. With the help of some friends, I think I have enough material too get started making a couple quilt tops. And I have a friend here that does some techinical type quilting that is coming by tomorrow but not sure how long she will stay and show me anything but I hope she takes the time too help me on some things. I so want too quilt and I think I will get it mastered and then I may get bigger on the backside from sitting so much once I get it all mastered. Hee hee

Back
Top Bottom