BYC SEWING/QUILTING CLUB

downstownlady and baustin: Thanks for the encouragement. I am going to try it because it seems to be required for a quilt I really want to make. It is one of those ones that look like they would be fun and challenging
smile.png
I am glad paper peiceing just looks hard LOL. Good idea on the free pattern...I will try that first to kind of get the gist of it.

Angel: What adorable outfits and that little girl is just precious. I also love that old fashioned stove!!!!

We still have a few spots available for the Winter Snowman quilt block swap (open until August first). They are not due to me until October first, so you have plenty of time to get them done
big_smile.png
You can do embroidery, piecing, applique, painted, or even just cut 12 1/2" squares of a pretty snowman fabric if you don't feel comfortable sewing! Read the first post of the link in my signature to see the requirements. The most important thing is to HAVE FUN WITH IT!
big_smile.png

OH...I so wish I could join...but I have 7 throws, 8 pillows and 1 queen size quilt due before Christmas...I am stretching it as it is!!! Maybe next time!!! Sounds like sew much fun though!!!

Thank you, for the nice comments about the dresses, yes my neice loves the all the dresses, aprons, pinefores, nightgowns, drawers, pettycoats, slippers,etc that I make for her. seems to think she's a princess, though for the life of me I can't figure out why, hmmm.
big_smile.png

I love my wood cookstove makes the best food and breads, guess I am hoplessly old fashioned. but I say, I do what I love and I love what I do, even if it is with 100 year old tools. my treadle sewing machine and my wood cookstove are my two favorite things.

WWAAAAAHHHHHH! Connecting Threads doesn't make variegated thread anymore. I'm gonna have to order from someone else. Not happy.

Hey, I wanted to get into sewing dresses and stuff like that (Blame my cosplay addiction) and I was wondering if you had any tips at all. I'll be sewing on a machine, BTW.

Quote:
My daughter is a cosplay fiend!!

Are you an experienced sewer?? There are many GREAT patterns that can be modified for cosplay outfits. If you are just starting out with patterns, I would suggest that you start with a simple pattern and some cheap fabric. Then you can get an idea as to how the patterns fit you. You may think that you are a size 4, but a size 4 pattern may be WAAY too large OR may not fit you right! Each of the pattern makers are a little different. You may find that Simplicity size 4 fits you just right and other brands do not ----OR vice a versa!!!

Experiment a little with cheap fabric before you buy that KILLER material!!

Good Luck!!

Cindy

#1California Chick :

Quote:
My daughter is a cosplay fiend!!

Are you an experienced sewer?? There are many GREAT patterns that can be modified for cosplay outfits. If you are just starting out with patterns, I would suggest that you start with a simple pattern and some cheap fabric. Then you can get an idea as to how the patterns fit you. You may think that you are a size 4, but a size 4 pattern may be WAAY too large OR may not fit you right! Each of the pattern makers are a little different. You may find that Simplicity size 4 fits you just right and other brands do not ----OR vice a versa!!!

Experiment a little with cheap fabric before you buy that KILLER material!!

Good Luck!!

Cindy

Thanks!​

Back
Top Bottom