Ended BYC Writing Prompts! A Short Story Contest

I love that idea! Unfortunately, I barely know anything about poems... I'd have to some research just to judge it. :lol:
It would have to be one of those random draw win contests.
I doubt we could find enough qualified people to judge it.

It would have to be one of those random draw win contests.
I doubt we could find enough qualified people to judge it.
Possibly, but I think it would be better judged. If at least five of us judges did some of the basic research on how to write a good poem, I think we could do it. :D

Share Discover GIF

@Amer @ColtHandorf @Boppo @Sally PB

full

Now, for the moment you've all been waiting for! The judges have finished judging, and we have our winners!
@Amer, @ColtHandorf, @Boppo, & @Sally PB

First Place - @Amer

Second Place - @ColtHandorf

Third Place - @Boppo

Fourth Place - @Sally PB

@Amer, @ColtHandorf, @Boppo, & @Sally PB, I will send you instructions on how to claim your prizes in a bit!

thank you.png

A HUGE THANK YOU to all who participated, this wouldn't have been possible without all of your entries!!!! :bow :clap

Great job, everyone, this was so much fun!! :wee

~ Shout out to all of the judges that took the time to judge all of the contests. I know they were incredibly difficult to judge, and I appreciate all of you! ~

And THANK YOU to our BYC Sponsors (click to view & support them)
I am so honored. :) I’m glad to see my writing is good. I went back and reread it to evaluate it in that light. There were so many commas I wanted to add, not as good as I remember. Oh well, I’ll trust you guys.
fail miss congeniality GIF

Thank you! It was a lot of fun writing, despite your cruel and unusual word count limits.

You were great too!
I thought that word count was easy! The pullet surprise contest had a 500 word limit. Now that was hard.
Congratulations @Amer , @ColtHandorf , @Boppo , & @Sally PB !

I think next time you should raise the word limit. I was very, er, surprised at that CRUEL word limit.

:)
I wasn't really expecting to win anyway. This was just for fun.
So much word count slander?
Maybe we’ll need to raise it to 2,000 for Colt’s sake. :D
i
don’t know if I have the attention span to read that
ADHD, lol
OOya
100,000 words here we come!

*gets a running head-start*
Sweet! I can submit my whole novella!
It’s only like 38,000.
As it happens one of my favorite books is 10,000 less than that. It is a middle school book. But one of my other favorites has 150,000 more words than that, so🤷‍♀️

Sweet! I can submit my whole novella!
It’s only like 38,000.
As it happens one of my favorite books is 10,000 less than that. It is a middle school book. But one of my other favorites has 150,000 more words than that, so🤷‍♀️
I was just typing a random number. No way I could do that. I have the attention span of a chicken.
So much word count slander?
Yep.

You rang?????

Sorry I’ve been quite busy taking a welding class at the VA resource center down in Dallas the last few months…..

I just posted my haiku for today (in my haiku thread here) with a selfie(of sorts) as the photo aide to the poem…

Becareful your wish
It may haunt you ever-more
Dig deep, find yourself!
#TalkinHaiku

/end of line

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom