Ended BYC's 15th Annual New Year's Day Hatch-Along—2024—Winter on the Farm Photo Contest

Pics
How do so many of you have chickens that will just casually walk through snow? I have 20 chickens; none of them understand they can walk through it. My 14 hens won't set foot in it. Of my 6 cockerels/roos, 2 also won't touch it, 1 is downright snow-phobic, and the other 3 cautiously wade in until their feet disappear and then get "stuck" and cry until I come rescue them.
Most of mine panic too on snow.

12 24 2022 552am -3 deg F..JPG

How do so many of you have chickens that will just casually walk through snow? I have 20 chickens; none of them understand they can walk through it. My 14 hens won't set foot in it. Of my 6 cockerels/roos, 2 also won't touch it, 1 is downright snow-phobic, and the other 3 cautiously wade in until their feet disappear and then get "stuck" and cry until I come rescue them.
your chickens are smarter than the ones who like snow lol

Well.. mostly they didn't get a choice. (Not an entry)
IMG_20240212_101726.jpg

.... You'll notice they stick to the lowest amount of snow they could.

They ducks treated it like a pond. The chickens acted like it would eat them. Tbf, I don't like my feet being frozen either.

Back
Top Bottom