Ended BYC's 2022 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along!—Pets & Pumpkins Photo Contest

How’s Porkchop today? What do you normally feed him. Oxbow makes a Digestive Biscuit “treat” that pigs & rabbits love. It’s mostly an alfalfa base, but the extra fiber would be helpful with a GI issue.
Thank you for asking. He will not take anything by mouth. I have been using the critical care supplement the Vet gave me by syringe but he won't swallow it. I am trying water by dropper as often as I can. I also gave him some simethicone. My vet gets back in town tomorrow if he makes it until then. I wish I had some gut motility meds because he probably has GI Stasis at this point. I gave him his last dose of metacam but it has not helped him. I needs lots of prayers and I never turn away advice. I raised 22 rabbits for 16yrs and now these 2 guineas and of course dogs, cats and my Ducks!!

On Guard!
Pumpkins and pets 2022.jpg

Thank you for asking. He will not take anything by mouth. I have been using the critical care supplement the Vet gave me by syringe but he won't swallow it. I am trying water by dropper as often as I can. I also gave him some simethicone. My vet gets back in town tomorrow if he makes it until then. I wish I had some gut motility meds because he probably has GI Stasis at this point. I gave him his last dose of metacam but it has not helped him. I needs lots of prayers and I never turn away advice. I raised 22 rabbits for 16yrs and now these 2 guineas and of course dogs, cats and my Ducks!!
I am so sad to report Porkchop passed away at 6am,..he fought hard and I am miserable
Porkchop and pumpkin .jpg

His Vet went out of town and could not find an emergency vet that treats Guinea pigs. She would not sell me a bag of LR or NS to give fluids subcutaneous even though I told her my rabbits got GI Stasis quite a bit because they had e-cunniculi and he used to just sell me a bag to keep at home for them. I told her I was Paramedic/Firefighter for 25yrs and started hundreds of IVs and major advanced procedures in busy KCK and and SQ administration is a very simple procedure and it would have kept him alive so they wanted me to wait until she got back in town and of course he died 6am the day of the appointment. SO I will NOT be taking Winston, my other Guinea pig back to her.
I'm so sorry you lost him. :hugs
20220923_003124~2.jpg

Is this a trouble maker?
SOOOOOO pretty.
She is an awesome Heeler. So gentle with the chickens. The young chicks crawl all over her and even pluck hairs from her tail and she tolerates it. She can spot a hawk a mile away. I'm sure I would have lost hens to predators if she wasn't on duty. Blue Heelers are the best!

She is an awesome Heeler. So gentle with the chickens. The young chicks crawl all over her and even pluck hairs from her tail and she tolerates it. She can spot a hawk a mile away. I'm sure I would have lost hens to predators if she wasn't on duty. Blue Heelers are the best!
Does she get to nap on the couch? :confused:

She's looks like a perfect dog.

Back
Top Bottom