Cackle Hatchery reviews

Pics
I'm sorry to hear that- I wonder if anyone else has had problems with Cackle turkeys? My chicks are great!

The chick's that arrived in the same box are doing great and growing like well, chicks I would say weeds but chicks grow faster I think. lol

I know it seems like a big thing for you, but unless you can establish a pattern, i.e. more than you having the same problem, logic dictates that the problem lies with you. Not accusing- just pointing out where my mind goes. I'm assuming others think the same way.

Last year ordered turkeys. They did great. Lost none. Had 1 bbb and 7 bourbon reds. This year ordered turkeys 15 heritage assorment. Received 8 black spabish and 8 blue slate. did all the same things. Almost all of one breed died within 2 days of their arrival--while the other breed was fine... same bedding, same set up, same food. Last year's poults raised with chicks. This year's poults raised with chicks... nothing is different between the 2. 2 breeds of heritage turkeys, shipped together, living under identical conditions. One breed dying, one breed fine. But seeming to grow very slowly...not sure how that is my fault...but like I said cackle refunded me for the black Spanish that died because surely birds kept under same conditions but only one breed dying isn't my fault...or both breeds would be affected yes?...The pattern is that last year's turkeys showed good growth and vitality, 2 things this year's turkeys are lacking. That is all.

I know it isn't me simply because prior to this year's turkeys I have not lost one chick, or poult while in the brooder. Have had predators take a lot of fully feathered chicks...but no brooder deaths until these turkeys. And so far this year I've raised up 22 asst. Chicks that are now getting close to crowing and laying, with another 28 in the brooder with the poults. All other birds doing great. Just waiting for the remaining bkack spanish to keel over. Blue slate turkeys seem healthy, but growing very very slowly

I only ordered Bourbon Red Poults this year and they are fine. I got Bourbon red and Blue Slate a few years back and my Blue Slates grew slower than the Bourbon Reds. All the Reds turned out to be Toms and all the Slates were Hens. I just assumed that was the difference, but maybe not.

My Surprise came today! I posted oodles of pics on the thread dedicated to the Cackle Hatchery Surprise. Lots of Polish, Cochins, some EE, two Rouen ducks, and a bunch of stuff I can't identify. 53 or 54 total chicks including the ducklings. They are doing great except for a polish that a cochin just tried to kill.

Perhaps I should have said "Isolated incident" since no one else seems to have a problem with their turkeys this year.

Maybe the blue slate aren't growing slower...just slower than the BR from last year. The black Spanish were defective though.

We will see, i just ordered 15 Cochins. They specified on my order that two of the types are Standerd size, as requested...but on the third they did not specify size so i am hopeing they dont send me bantems.
I got them a few weeks ago, i haven't had time to log in. They sent 16, and two died in transit so i have 14 healthy, loud, fluffy chicks. They left instructions on the box for the post master to call me upon arrival, and they did.

Back
Top Bottom