Cackle Hatchery reviews

Pics
I had to hold off on my Cackle order. They were really helpful on the phone, and my new order will be shipping on the 29th. I'll post the chicks when they arrive.

I called Cackle to ask what breed the black Easter chicks at the Bixby Southerlands were, and they guessed Black Australorp, so I got six. Now three are lighter and have wing bars, so I called Cackle again and they identified them as Barred Plymouth Rock. A nice surprise for me! They're always nice and helpful when I call their store order line. They said the Easter chicks they send out are whatever they have on hand. I might order three more BA and three more BPR bc I'd like to have 6 to 12 of each breed I get.

Last edited:
I ordered the standard Cochin assortment from cackle today. They should ship monday. From what the website says they have available it should be between buffs, gold laced and silver laced.

This is my second time ordering from Cackle and I am pleased again. I ordered 15 each of Pekin and Ancona ducklings. They arrived to PA the day after shipping and all were in excellent condition.

My first time ordering from cackle, the babies made it here safe and sound and with 1 extra. I got the LF Cochin assortment and we got atleast 1 of every color except blue. Babies look healthy and active.

I have had three successful small orders from Cackle in the last year, so I decided to get what I wanted right away this spring at once. I ordered barred rocks, buckeyes, appenzeller spitzhaubens, and Columbian wyandottes. I ordered 63 and got 70, all alive, spunky, and settling right in. Couldn't be happier. The cockerels I ordered were well marked and everything was a smooth as could be.

I've ordered from cackle on 2 different occasions and bought chicks from my local feed store that came from cackle as well. I only had 1 chick die after shipping out of the 60 birds I've gotten from them. All were healthy and ended up laying or tasting great. The only problem that showed up was a couple of the barred rocks had crooked toes.

I ordered the Surplus Rare Turkey Assortment last week and are in the mail right now. They are supposed to be here this afternoon so fingers crossed.
fl.gif
I will post pics once they arrive and get them settled in.

Back
Top Bottom