Calibrating temp on cheap eBay incubator

bigz1983

Crowing
7 Years
Aug 9, 2016
Michigan
I bought this cheap Chinese no name brand incubator from eBay and I'm trying to calibrate the temperature.
I watched a YouTube video about incubators and this guy recommended the Govee brand thermometer/hygrometer.
He said it's the most accurate thermometer/hygrometer out there.
My cheap eBay incubator says it's running 38 degrees Celsius and my Govee thermometer says it's running 31 degrees Celsius.
That's a big difference 7 degrees Celsius 😮
I attempted to adjust the temperature up on the incubator to match the Govee thermometer.
But the max temp setting on the incubator is 39.5 degrees Celsius and that isn't enough to bring the incubator temperature up to match the Govee.
Anyone on here have experience with this type of incubator?
Update:
Ok everyone I figured out how to calibrate the temperature sensor on the incubator to match the Govee.
There is a setting that needed adjustment the temperature calibration adjustment.
All is good now.

IMG_20230225_213636112.jpg

Last edited:
Do not trust the reading on the incubator.
Ok I don't trust it.
The thing is my cheap eBay incubator says it's running 38 degrees Celsius and my Govee thermometer says it's running 31 degrees Celsius.
I attempted to adjust the temperature up on the incubator to match the Govee thermometer.
But the max temp setting on the incubator is 39.5 degrees Celsius and that isn't enough to bring the incubator temperature up to match the Govee.
Is this thing basically junk?

The best and most accurate thermometer for this that most people may have is an oral thermometer for human mouths. Place some water in a sealed container and put it into the incubator for several hours. Measure the water temperature with the oral thermometer. This should be accurate to tenths of a degree.
Ok that's interesting.
The thing is my cheap eBay incubator says it's running 38 degrees Celsius and my Govee thermometer says it's running 31 degrees Celsius.
Is this thing basically junk?

Update:
Ok everyone I figured out how to calibrate the temperature sensor on the incubator to match the Govee.
There is a setting that needed adjustment the temperature calibration adjustment.
All is good now.

The best and most accurate thermometer for this that most people may have is an oral thermometer for human mouths. Place some water in a sealed container and put it into the incubator for several hours. Measure the water temperature with the oral thermometer. This should be accurate to tenths of a degree.
I can't just leave the oral thermometer in the incubator?

Back
Top Bottom