Calico Cochin Thread

Pics

This is Simon & Hazel, my parents. Bantam cochins start laying eggs at right around 4 months. I have hatched many of their eggs, they are just turning 8 months old. I have one pair of their babies for sale now.

This is Simon & Hazel, my parents. Bantam cochins start laying eggs at right around 4 months. I have hatched many of their eggs, they are just turning 8 months old. I have one pair of their babies for sale now.

Not sure if you know it or not but the little rooster on the right is d'Uccle, not Cochin. Or at least a mix. Cutie babies though!

Don't you get calico cochins from originally breeding a Cochin with a mille fleur? The same as when you breed splash birds, you can get gray or splash or white. If they are made by crossing a mille fleur with a white Cochin there will be mille fleur that come out in some occasionally. Right? (I am asking, not trying to sound rude, so please don't take offense, and tell me if I am not correct)

Don't you get calico cochins from originally breeding a Cochin with a mille fleur? The same as when you breed splash birds, you can get gray or splash or white. If they are made by crossing a mille fleur with a white Cochin there will be mille fleur that come out in some occasionally. Right? (I am asking, not trying to sound rude, so please don't take offense, and tell me if I am not correct)
Actually calico''s are just offshoots from the mille fleur project. Breeding in white won't help make a calico as white is recessive. It would just continue to make more mille fleur patterned birds.

Back
Top Bottom