Calico Cochin Thread

Pics
So pretty!
I think I have one calico girl. Boys are super hard for me to get but I keep expecting one to pop out with as many eggs as I hatch from my MF pens.

So pretty!
I think I have one calico girl. Boys are super hard for me to get but I keep expecting one to pop out with as many eggs as I hatch from my MF pens.

Thanks!
smile.png

A month ago I ordered hatching eggs from Georgia Gail because I just HAD to have some of her birds. Gail was more than generous and sent 18 well packed eggs.
I was so optimistic, I was for sure I could hatch ALL 18 eggs!!
wee.gif

I let them settle for 3 days and lovingly set them in the turners and figured out what day these beauties would hatch. Day 3 I see some developement!!! Day 7 I realize that the air cells have not repaired. I turn off the turners in hopes that they will still develope.
Day 18 ..... do I see an egg shell?? Yes! back in the corner.... a beautiful little Calico chick!!
love.gif
One out of 18 makes this little guy pretty special~
jumpy.gif

I called my friend down the road to bring me some babies so he wouldnt grow up all alone, he now has a little silkie and cochin friend to grow up with~

Last edited:
A month ago I ordered hatching eggs from Georgia Gail because I just HAD to have some of her birds. Gail was more than generous and sent 18 well packed eggs.
I was so optimistic, I was for sure I could hatch ALL 18 eggs!!
wee.gif

I let them settle for 3 days and lovingly set them in the turners and figured out what day these beauties would hatch. Day 3 I see some developement!!! Day 7 I realize that the air cells have not repaired. I turn off the turners in hopes that they will still develope.
Day 18 ..... do I see an egg shell?? Yes! back in the corner.... a beautiful little Calico chick!!
love.gif
One out of 18 makes this little guy pretty special~
jumpy.gif

I called my friend down the road to bring me some babies so he wouldnt grow up all alone, he now has a little silkie and cochin friend to grow up with~

He was determined~! What a cutie....
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom