Calico Cochin Thread

Pics
If you get a black mottled-looking cockerel out of Rem and Tuba, maybe keep him to breed to these girls. Hopefully it will help add the chevrons throughout, even on the chests.
Well, that's why I kept and am using Macho. So we'll see if it works! His first chick with Kipper was a chipmunk, and most definately a cockerel
roll.png
.... still too young to tell much more though.

I've gotten 3 chicks so far that hatched black, so I'm sure those are Machos, other then that I won't know now who the chicks are out of anymore, as Todd has also been breeding, and there are more cockerels in that pen too.

edited for typo

Last edited:
<------ IF you want to breed them towards Mille Fleur, of course! This is the Calico thread so maybe you want to keep them going towards the Calico coloration!

<------ IF you want to breed them towards Mille Fleur, of course! This is the Calico thread so maybe you want to keep them going towards the Calico coloration!
I'm going towards both. I will probly use Kipper more in the Calico pen and Rem in the mille. I will switch them out at soime point but that is my main plan. :)

If you get a black mottled-looking cockerel out of Rem and Tuba, maybe keep him to breed to these girls. Hopefully it will help add the chevrons throughout, even on the chests.
Well, that's why I kept and am using Macho. So we'll see if it works! His first chick with Kipper was a chipmunk, and most definately a cockerel
roll.png
.... still too young to tell much more though.

I gotten 3 chicks so far that hatched black, so I'm sure those are Machos, other then that I won't know now who the chicks are out of anymore, as Todd has also been breeding, and there are more cockerels in that pen too.
Wow, that little guy sure has an early comb! What a cutie
love.gif

Thanks
smile.png
A lot of mine get their comb or color in their comb early on. Macho was named because I had a very good idea he was a boy from the day he was hatched!

Back
Top Bottom