Calico Cochin Thread

Pics
That's where my girls are from, too! What a small world!
It is a small world! How many did you get and how are they all doing now? I haven't had mine long, but I have already fallen in love with them! They just recently got moved from in the barn to a small chicken tractor and they just love it
yippiechickie.gif
I have one girl who loves to come up to me and get picked up to snuggle in my lap- the only chicken I have had do that, hope she stays that way! She is the first chicken that I have wanted to name, still can't think of the perfect one yet...

I really didn't mean to come across as complaining.
hide.gif
Sorry if I did. I am happy with the development rates on my last 2 batches of MF and Calico Cochin eggs. I just wanted to buy a hen at the show that was all and knew someone had them as last fall almost every Cochin bantam was a MF at the show. I just didn't know exaclty who. I have contacted Joanie of Maine and she will not have any Mille Fleur available then, she will have some others I am hoping to get though.

I did have some incubator/hatcher issues that I asked about over on the incubators anon. thread and hopefully figured out my problem. If I have figured out my problem and my hatches start going better I will probably start buying Cochin eggs again. Until then though I am just going to hold off so I don't throw my money down the drain any more. I have spent way more than $500 in eggs and have atleast 70 chicks to show for it. I have even had some amazingly great hatches upwards of 75% so I am not complaining. I just would rather spend the $25 on a juvie or an adult Cochin and let someone else deal with all that stress getting that one chick then buying a doz or half doz of eggs and dealing with the stress of getting that one bird myself right now. Cochins are just not doing well in my incubators right now. Hopefully Fridays hatch will prove me wrong though
fl.gif
already 18 eggs are chisled down to under 10 we will see.

It is a small world! How many did you get and how are they all doing now? I haven't had mine long, but I have already fallen in love with them! They just recently got moved from in the barn to a small chicken tractor and they just love it :yiipchick  I have one girl who loves to come up to me and get picked up to snuggle in my lap- the only chicken I have had do that, hope she stays that way! She is the first chicken that I have wanted to name, still can't think of the perfect one yet...
We LOVE our little pullets. They are so sweet and friendly. They are pets that lay eggs!

she is adorable, how old? (I am interested
wink.png
)
Quote: I prefer not to ship birds, though I do it. She is for sale with a rooster that is Mottled and I had planned to take them to our Chickenstock in 2 weeks. She is 3 months old and the roo is 5 months old.
Here is the roo......

Ya'll tell me what you think about the color of this one. Breeding trio is a mottled and mille fleur hen covered by a mottled roo. I got 2 mottled 2 mille and this one from the same hatch.

I think I am going to put a pair of MF/Calico up for auction. I consider them more MF but the lighter coloring on the pullet may be considered Calico.

I am showing them here before I put up the auction to let anyone know in case they are interested.

Oh gosh, no! No more breeds or projects! LOL I keep trying to cut back but these bantam Cochins are just my little loves.
I am sure they are pretty but I have friends with them and let them enjoy the fun of that breed and variety.

Back
Top Bottom