Calico Cochin Thread

Pics
Some really sweet birds these last 2 pages
love.gif

Ha Ha! Six of ten out and counting...! 2 Blue Mille Fleur, 3 Mille Fleur and 1 Mottled. Another was popping out when we said good night. Gosh, they are like pop corn when they get going! No pip to fluff ball in 2-3 hours!

Ha Ha! Six of ten out and counting...! 2 Blue Mille Fleur, 3 Mille Fleur and 1 Mottled. Another was popping out when we said good night. Gosh, they are like pop corn when they get going! No pip to fluff ball in 2-3 hours!
do you have pics of your new babies!?

Sure do!
I had ten hatch; three (of 4) from my own BMF x MF young birds, seven (of 14) from eggs ordered, which are two Mottled, two Splash mille fleur (BMF x BMF = 25% splash MF!), two blue MF, and one MF

Ethel and MF chick

Dark red MF chick

Mottled chick

Splash MF chick

Redhead MF chick

Lucy with four of her five. Note the little chipmunk one!

Ethel capitalizes on a teaching moment...

Two mama butts with random chicks! They keep heading over to see what the other group is doing...don't want to miss anything!

Catching rays...

Ricky the Blue Mille Fleur rooster keeping an eye on his two gals

A chick that will grow up being blue with red leakage on its neck most likely.

I have 1 like that and my father in law has 7 like that and all where from my blue hens and calico roo.

A chick that will grow up being blue with red leakage on its neck most likely.

I have 1 like that and my father in law has 7 like that and all where from my blue hens and calico roo.
Interesting. Thanks. Have you ever bred them back to each other to see what they throw? Or bred them back to a blue? I'm wondering how to make a blue calico.

Back
Top Bottom