Calico Cochin Thread

Pics
New pictures~ Babies are starting to bloom
love.gif

Beautiful babies Wildwood cochins!!!

Hi all, I have been lurking on several of the cochin threads for a while and thought I would finally just introduce myself! I have mille fleur/calico cochins, splash cochins and just got two black cockerels to add to my splash with the intention of making blue to cross back to improve color and type in my splash. I am hoping for some blue mottled as both boys are split. And then, maybe, I could breed a couple typey mottled to the mille fleurs to get a split to breed back in type to the mille/calicos.
celebrate.gif
I have a pair of mille fleur birds from Lynne (who I really hope sees this since these kiddos were just 5 months old when she shipped them to me) and a pair of calicos. I am planning on getting some breeding pens built this spring to start hatching some babies.

Sarge aka "the boss" (he keeps all the other cochin cockerels in line at all times)

Autumn

Autumn's favorite place to lay her egg

Aslan

Addison

Hi all, I have been lurking on several of the cochin threads for a while and thought I would finally just introduce myself! I have mille fleur/calico cochins, splash cochins and just got two black cockerels to add to my splash with the intention of making blue to cross back to improve color and type in my splash. I am hoping for some blue mottled as both boys are split. And then, maybe, I could breed a couple typey mottled to the mille fleurs to get a split to breed back in type to the mille/calicos.
celebrate.gif
I have a pair of mille fleur birds from Lynne (who I really hope sees this since these kiddos were just 5 months old when she shipped them to me) and a pair of calicos. I am planning on getting some breeding pens built this spring to start hatching some babies.

Sarge aka "the boss" (he keeps all the other cochin cockerels in line at all times)

Autumn

Aslan

Addison

Great to see updated pics. Sounds like Sarge is doing his job~! I love your Calico pair. Your roo is a beauty.
love.gif
Nice type on his girlfriend.

Love everyone's birds.
I got an incubator. Actually my Chicken friend/neighbor bought it for me for helping him with his birds. It is a home-made Sportsman-style cabinet. It is holding steady at 99.5* and I have 38 eggs in it now.
fl.gif

My most valuable eggs go across the street to his 2 Sportsman and experience.

Hey Twyla, pretty calico's. How old are the Cochin's with the wrong eye color? My mottled juveniles don't hatch out with the correct eye color. They do eventually change into it. Just a thought.

Charlie

Thanks Lynne!! The calico hen's poor cushion has been taking a beating this spring. I have this black cockerel in that pen right now who needs to move out, he is a bit rough on the ladies.
wink.png

Hey Twyla, pretty calico's. How old are the Cochin's with the wrong eye color? My mottled juveniles don't hatch out with the correct eye color. They do eventually change into it. Just a thought.

Charlie

While taking pictures today I noticed that eye color has changed quite a bit, you could be on to something, hatching out with a lighter eye color and darkening as they get older~

Love everyone's birds.
I got an incubator. Actually my Chicken friend/neighbor bought it for me for helping him with his birds. It is a home-made Sportsman-style cabinet. It is holding steady at 99.5* and I have 38 eggs in it now.
fl.gif

My most valuable eggs go across the street to his 2 Sportsman and experience.

I wish I had a neighbor like that! I'm going to attempt to build my own incubator, I'm tired of losing batches of eggs in my old styrofoam ones.

celebrate.gif

Autumn

Aslan

Addison

Beautiful birds~
love.gif
I especially love Aslan~

Back
Top Bottom