Calico Cochin Thread

Pics
I have a bunch of extra cockerels from my calico project hatches this spring. Variety of ages, colors, etc. I am in Northern California, near San Francisco. It has been pretty mild here this summer, we could look at weather forecasts and might be able to ship now since the distance isn't far. Let me know if you might be interested and I can send you more information on my birds along with some pictures of the parent stock and a sampling of the juvies. I am going to need to find homes for many of the boys anyway so would only charge what it costs to ship plus the cost of the shipping box.

Thanks,
Dyann Blaine aka Chooklet

Thanks for all your replies :) It's pretty awesome to be needing cockerels and not trying to find homes for them instead! I have 6 pullets now so I'll probably be getting 2 cockerels. I think I'll split my pullets into MF and calico pens. I'd like to be part of the effort to work on and get MF recognized, but I'd also like to keep a separate pen of calicos because they're so pretty.

Thanks for all your replies :) It's pretty awesome to be needing cockerels and not trying to find homes for them instead! I have 6 pullets now so I'll probably be getting 2 cockerels. I think I'll split my pullets into MF and calico pens. I'd like to be part of the effort to work on and get MF recognized, but I'd also like to keep a separate pen of calicos because they're so pretty.
I have this boy available in the event you are interested :)

it seems that all my other breeds/varieties are giving me girls but my calico/milles are all boys. LOL but too far to go for one little cockerel i think, so we'll see if i can interest anyone locally in some cute calico/mille babies.

Mike,

This boy is especially nice. I haven't gotten the pics yet of the LB roos for you but PROMISE to do so this weekend. I'm such a putz~!
Don't rush yourself. I've got plenty of watering jobs to keep me occupied. I would go mow lawns but it's just to hot. SO mychickens and other livestock get frsh water ever hour. In between I'm on here or watering one of the vegtable garden.

Last edited:
Lynne, as long s your on here, I thought I'd ask what you'll be selling as of cochinsthis fall if anything. I'm not sure yet but may be interested in a mille pair if you find a LB roo for me. :)
Thanks, Mike

Lynne, as long s your on here, I thought I'd ask what you'll be selling as of cochinsthis fall if anything. I'm not sure yet but may be interested in a mille pair if you find a LB roo for me. :)
Thanks, Mike
Mike,

I normally hatch all Summer for Fall sales but this year is just too busy & hot. However, I will be phasing out some of my breeder pullets/hens to make room for this last Spring's crop of MF's/Calico's. I also will have a few older cockerels that I kept for back-up for sale...the best of the best~! Remember, If you get a LB roo, he will be too large to ship with anything else. If you get a MF pair, you will need two boxes. I promise to give you a head's up on the girls I have for sale in the Fall so that you can make a selection if you don't find somethiing more local this Summer.

Mike,

I normally hatch all Summer for Fall sales but this year is just too busy & hot. However, I will be phasing out some of my breeder pullets/hens to make room for this last Spring's crop of MF's/Calico's. I also will have a few older cockerels that I kept for back-up for sale...the best of the best~! Remember, If you get a LB roo, he will be too large to ship with anything else. If you get a MF pair, you will need two boxes. I promise to give you a head's up on the girls I have for sale in the Fall so that you can make a selection if you don't find somethiing more local this Summer.
That would be great. :)

Back
Top Bottom