Calico Cochin Thread

Pics
Next!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
lol looking at all the names of the various chickens, i realized something. i STINK at naming.

my calico roo's name is, uh... Calico. his girls are 'calico's girls'. my oldest silver grey dorking roo has a name. it's 'big guy'. his son is 'junior'. my only sg dorking girl with a name is 'pinky'. she has a pink band. LOL

others with names, big red (red dorking roo), little red (bantam rir - just sold her today), beauty came with her name, speckle is a blue crele oegb, ducky - silver duckwing oegb, the 'delinquents' are my gold neck d'uccle pair (because they won't go to bed in the coop EVER but prefer to perch on calico's pen).

you get the idea. LOL

i seem to find rooster names easier than the (many) hens.

hubby nicknamed the wyandotte roo (gave him and his girl to a family today because the little girl loved him) 'danger zone' because of the tune his crow sounded like.

Last edited:
LOL Karen...
OBO (which I pronounce oboe, like the flute) is short for Other Black One. I have a Yoyo which is a spin-off of young one. I'd say young one but would type YO.. turned in to Yoyo and that stuck.
Prince is "the chick formally known as Lily"... so as I was writing that down on a picture I posted of him on facebook, I said "guess I'll call him Prince!" and there's his name!
We watch a lot of Nick Jr and kid's movies here. My hubby named one of my Silkies "Mamba" after the cape in Megamind.. and you gotta watch the movie to appreciate it... it's "The Black... Mambaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"
My ducks are Pocoyo, Elly, & Pato after the kid's show on Nick Jr.. I also have a blue Silkie named Baby Bird and the Cochin chick Loula, from the show. Then the black duck is Pate, which my hubby actually remembers but refuses to call him! He says whether we eat him or not, he's not going to call him a food name. (the ducks are his favorite..)
From Yo Gaba Gaba on Nick Jr I have Silkies Toodee and Foofa.
CC and BB are what was written on their eggs. They're both the only chicks that hatched from their respective batches of shipped eggs..
Ruby Rod, Leelou, Korben and Dallas from The 5th Element.
Rainbow and Sunshine my neices named.
Darcy started as "Dark Meat"! Chipper because she was a chipmunk colored chick.
I frequently name my chicks girl's names, which come easier to me, and then have to rename them.
tongue.png
Lily for a yellow chick, Dottie and Mottie the mottled Cochins, Bluebell the blue calico..

LOL Karen...
OBO (which I pronounce oboe, like the flute) is short for Other Black One. I have a Yoyo which is a spin-off of young one. I'd say young one but would type YO.. turned in to Yoyo and that stuck.
Prince is "the chick formally known as Lily"... so as I was writing that down on a picture I posted of him on facebook, I said "guess I'll call him Prince!" and there's his name!
We watch a lot of Nick Jr and kid's movies here. My hubby named one of my Silkies "Mamba" after the cape in Megamind.. and you gotta watch the movie to appreciate it... it's "The Black... Mambaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"
My ducks are Pocoyo, Elly, & Pato after the kid's show on Nick Jr.. I also have a blue Silkie named Baby Bird and the Cochin chick Loula, from the show. Then the black duck is Pate, which my hubby actually remembers but refuses to call him! He says whether we eat him or not, he's not going to call him a food name. (the ducks are his favorite..)
From Yo Gaba Gaba on Nick Jr I have Silkies Toodee and Foofa.
CC and BB are what was written on their eggs. They're both the only chicks that hatched from their respective batches of shipped eggs..
Ruby Rod, Leelou, Korben and Dallas from The 5th Element.
Rainbow and Sunshine my neices named.
Darcy started as "Dark Meat"! Chipper because she was a chipmunk colored chick.
I frequently name my chicks girl's names, which come easier to me, and then have to rename them.
tongue.png
Lily for a yellow chick, Dottie and Mottie the mottled Cochins, Bluebell the blue calico..
ok. LOL i thought OBO meant "or best offer"

as for the 5th element references, i got those off the bat. it's one of our favorite movies. and one that took us nearly a whole year of dating to finally watch the whole thing!
lau.gif
(i'll leave it to you to figure out why.
wink.png
)

I was surfing through some posts and checking this one out, well because it was about Cochins, lol. Just wanted to say I saw this picture of the first cockerel and WOW! He is gorgeous, I bet he will be drop dead beautiful when he fully matures. Very pretty bird!

~Casey

Thanks Casey~ he's a little sweetheart too, still haven't figured out a name for him yet....anybody? I kinda was thinking Romeo?
Casey, has it cooled down in your area yet? We finally had a day of rain yesterday looks like another be today, so thankful for the birds going through this terrible heat the last 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom