Calico Cochin Thread

Pics
I LOVE Ivan!

X2 LOL
But why do I not have any that look like that? I did hatch some eggs before they came out to you but not from this particular pairing. <sigh> You are the lucky one. I am so glad this pair is doing a great job for you. Or am I lost and Ivan is out of some others? So many photos and so many names and so many to keep up with! I love it but this old lady gets confused.

I got a buff cochin and it was the only one i could find. The owner claimed its a hen but i claim its a roo. I figured I'd buy it as it still can help me with other projects and down the road possibly the mille project. I'll post pics later.

'

This is the buff I was going to use and you can see one of my blue mottleds coming into picture. I'm not sure on the buffs age but the blue mottled is 2 months.

This is Dudley my black mottled roo. He is 1 year today according to my sale certificate.

Remington

Last edited:
X2 LOL
But why do I not have any that look like that? I did hatch some eggs before they came out to you but not from this particular pairing. <sigh> You are the lucky one. I am so glad this pair is doing a great job for you. Or am I lost and Ivan is out of some others? So many photos and so many names and so many to keep up with! I love it but this old lady gets confused.
No, you're right, I'm assuming from the dates the eggs were laid that Prince and Ivan are out of your Wizard, and the rest of Inky's chicks are Ruby's. Prince looks much more like a regular Mille..

Twyla, how about Picasso for your gorgeous roo, or Michelangelo? Or even Claude, or Vincent (Van Gogh)... I'm having fun with this
lol.png

They're all SOOOO pretty, I think I'm in love with the color, I would love to order some in fall if anyone has chicks they'd ship that are real expensive.

Thanks Casey~ he's a little sweetheart too, still haven't figured out a name for him yet....anybody? I kinda was thinking Romeo?
Casey, has it cooled down in your area yet? We finally had a day of rain yesterday looks like another be today, so thankful for the birds going through this terrible heat the last 2 weeks.
It has been pretty nice here today. Im guessing it because of the rain we got late yesterday afternoon and today. Got to 104 yesterday before it rained, I think it was 93 or so today before it rained and it has been very nice since. Just glad the really hot weather is gone for now and that we have had some rain. Birds loved it too.

~Casey

'

This is the buff I was going to use and you can see one of my blue mottleds coming into picture. I'm not sure on the buffs age but the blue mottled is 2 months.

This is Dudley my black mottled roo. He is 1 year today according to my sale certificate.

Remington

I would expect from the buffs comb that you are not getting any eggs right now but I am sure she will lay you some eventaully. Looks like she is molting a bit.

You take some great photos of those boys! Those last 2 photos should be framed. They are beautifully taken with handsome subjects.

Quote:
I have never gotten such good color and pattern out of Wizard. I do believe Ruby Rod is the dad to these guys. Or Wizard has been holding out on me for 2 years! He does have MF in him but he usually throws me Columbians. And with Inky being the mom then I am really believing that your roo did his job and Inky accepted him quickly enough. There must have been some real hanky panky going on during the trip up to your place! LOL

I would expect from the buffs comb that you are not getting any eggs right now but I am sure she will lay you some eventaully. Looks like she is molting a bit.

You take some great photos of those boys! Those last 2 photos should be framed. They are beautifully taken with handsome subjects.
Thanks for the compliment on the photos. I'm not sure how old the buff is but I know my roos like her.

Here are a couple shots of my lighter colored calicos:
Mabel (super sweet)

Pearl (the biter)

This one is slowly getting more and more buff in... I wonder what she'll look like next year.
And here's the blue calico

I'm thinking I might put her in with the calico girls above when it's time for breeding since she's a little lighter than the other 3 girls in the pen with her now

Back
Top Bottom